Dremel rust removal tool?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howie

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good tool for rust removal? I've used the wire bristle brush tools, but after a very short time the bristles start shedding, and soon there aren't any more on the spindle. I sure could use advice for a better tool.

What are you trying to remove the rust from?

Anything bigger than a few inches....use this.
Ospho is a liquid used on larger items. It can be put in a Windex spray bottle [or any similar], or brushed on. Rust will be gone in hours. You only have to remove large loose scale rust. The Ospho takes care of the rest. It remove it by chemical reaction, actually turning rust [oxidation] back into metal. You can get it in any Hardware/Paint/Big box store.

https://preventrust.info/ospho-rust-primer/

It is painted after drying, no primer is used. In fact using primer after Ospho will cause problems.

Check the site out has many was to remove rust from different surfaces.

Last edited:
Ive had the same issue with brass wire wheels. DO NOT use those anywhere near anything you plan on sitting on unless you like random sharp pieces of brass finding their way into your ass... Its not pleasant at all...

Depending on the size and quantity of rust on the part, I've seen decent results with an overnight soak in Coke (the drink) and vinegar.

These were all pretty bad, sorry no before pics. Cleaned first with carb cleaner then an overnight bath in coke and vinegar. Then polished.
There are also chemical options that I've seen used on old engine blocks..

Latest posts

Back