Here's a fun rocket --- Rocket Raccoon!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirstyBarbarian

Reaction score
guardians-of-the-galaxy-groot-rocket-2.jpg

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy on the weekend and really enjoyed it. All of the characters were great, including Rocket, the raccoon that has been modified and engineered in some kind of unspeakable experiment and now makes his living as a sort of space bounty hunter. I am completely burnt out on superhero movies (never really liked them that much to begin with). But even though this is a Marvel movie and features characters from the Marvel universe with some overlap with the universe of the Avengers, it is really more of a science fiction movie. I liked it better than I have liked any other Marvel movie.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

No more love for Rocket and the other Guardians? I would have thought more members had seen the movie and had enjoyed it.

Two more things I really liked about the movie: the scenery and the fact that the movie did not take itself very seriously. The story is set in some really weird places that are visually stunning. It reminded me of old-style sci-fi art, but rendered in high detail --- very artistic. And the movie has a sense of humor. One of the things I have not liked about most Marvel movies is the fact they often take themselves so seriously. The one exception is Iron Man, and that is why the Iron man movies have been my favortites. This movie has a lot of light-hearted moments to balance out the more serious ones. It's a good balance.

Not only did we enjoy it, but we've sent the rest of the family to go see it too!

Now, if Estes gets on the stick and partners with Marvel real quick, they'll produce a RTF model rocket with Rocket Racoon wrap-around labels to go on their body tube, or a baby Groot figure to place inside the payload and rush these out to stores in time for Halloween, Honicka and Christmas shopping seasons... Think of the potential to boost our hobby!!!!

I LOVE Rocket Raccoon.... and have currently got an artist working on a graphic for a rocket, dunno what it is gonna look like, but this is what he is working on for CapCom and an upcoming game.

1549521_10152716548231489_3036341515553357131_n.jpg

I saw it on the tail end of a double feature at the local drive-in. Unfortunately, I had just pulled an all-nighter with some friends prior to fishing all day so I subsequently slept through almost the whole thing. The 20 minutes I did see seemed very entertaining though!

I was wondering if anyone has done a Rocket Raccoon themed rocket since this thread was started a few months ago. I'm thinking about doing one.

I loved this movie, as did my kids. The humor is great, thought the cinematography was also very good. If you think about it the characters are the exact same personalities as the Avengers.

I just saw this, at home on my 3D TV. A lot about this TV (47in LG "smart TV) is abysmal, especially the remote. But the 3D effect, even with the goofy glasses is outstanding!. Combined with the surround sound, my own popcorn, and the fact that I can pause it when I want, I may never go to the cinema again! (unless the dam' remote breaks...)

Oh, yeah....and Amy Pond - blue, bald, and beautiful!

Last edited:
Back