Help with paint sag...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
Gah! Last part of painting on my rocket, and I forgot to sand the red undercoat before spraying the silver... I stopped as soon as I noticed the slight sag (not sure the picture does it justice). Any tips on how to fix this? I'm thinking wait for it to dry, sand, and respray.

1408582706340.jpg

Let it dry until you can't smell the paint fumes then wet sand using 600 or finer wet/dry sand paper and sanding block. If the sag is just in the clear coat and you work your way up to up to something like 1200 grit sandpaper, it may just polish out with Future polish or car wax. Otherwise re-spray with another coat of clear.

Last edited:
Let it dry until you can't smell the paint fumes then wet sand using 600 or finer wet/dry sand paper and sanding block. If the sag is just in the clear coat and you work your way up to up to something like 1200 grit sandpaper, it may just polish out with Future polish or car wax. Otherwise re-spray with another coat of clear.

+1 exactly!

Back