You ever see a rocket design that makes you stop in your tracks and proceed to drool?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be honest, I'm really not crazy about the new design. I am sure Matt couldn't replicate the original design as Estes/NCR owns the rights to it, which is a crying shame.

So that's why the Rear Fins look like they do. Hmm.

I am really tempted to pull the trigger on a painkiller micro. But I just don't know if I'm ready to go that aggressive with so recently being back into the hobby.

No surprises here. I have two that have me drooling... I've made versions of each, but not the originals (yet).

Behold my first love of rocketry... The 1974 catalog model of the Cineroc/Omega combo

My second passion is Mike Fisher's Velociraptor which currently resides in Tammie's Hobbies, Beaverton, Oregon.

I really like the fliskits thunder bird. I have been wanting to build this for quite a while. Just waiting for my skills to be worthy of it.ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1407995089.906115.jpg

Here another one.
You can also add the Redstone,Merc Atlas and the Joes to me list of droolers.
When I was a puppy,you could say I was almost a scrap booker.I was always cutting pics of these out of the news paper and mags.
Didnt really book them,but..Oh,whatever,you get the drift.

Steve v.jpg

Last edited:
I've always been a sucker for those unique, Sci-Fi, deep space designs, so alot of the rockets from Estes 79-83 cataloges, but when I saw this one, I had to have it:

DSC03936.jpg
DSC03937.jpg

I like the Arapahoe-E, so much so that I cut the fins for an Arapahoe-J last night (it will be my L2 project).

arapahoe-e.jpg
Not my rocket

I think my next project will be a NCR Cluster Duck. I've never built a cluster or staged rocket. I thought that this would be a great place to start.

Cluster_Duck_pad_launch_sm.jpg

I think my next project will be a NCR Cluster Duck. I've never built a cluster or staged rocket. I thought that this would be a great place to start.

Cluster_Duck_pad_launch_sm.jpg

This is a great rocket. I built one not long ago, and it is a great cluster. Fun to fly too. Quite the crowd pleaser too. Let me know if you have any questions on the build.

I've always been a sucker for those unique, Sci-Fi, deep space designs, so alot of the rockets from Estes 79-83 cataloges, but when I saw this one, I had to have it:

View attachment 181235
View attachment 181236

I am the same way...the USS Atlantis, Andromeda, Cassiopeia, some of the Fliskits. But the one that I really liked was the Rigel-3. Exotic looking and a multi-stager to boot! What was not to like! I plan to build a clone soon. My bigger plan (literally) is to make a 3D model of the nose cone and send it to Shapeways to make a ST-20 based version...

1363_82.jpg

FC

I love the purple one. I was playing around with colors in OR, and I think I'm going to go with a deep purple/plum color.

Here's a close up of the purple one. Still looking forward to flying the red one on a maiden flight.

Arapahoe E 1.jpg

Here's a close up of two different Phoenix applications for the fins. The small Arapahoe has the standard given. Big boy has one I digitized. I really like that one.

DSCF3582.jpg

Attachments

• phoenix 6.jpg
    phoenix 6.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 66
Here's a close up of the purple one. Still looking forward to flying the red one on a maiden flight.

View attachment 181273

Here's a close up of two different Phoenix applications for the fins. The small Arapahoe has the standard given. Big boy has one I digitized. I really like that one.

View attachment 181275

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics and alternate phoenix. I already have the decals, they were my "get one free" in Mark's recent sale.

Wow, I'm really digging that Arapahoe! Beautiful lines to it.

It really is smooth looking. My understanding is the original designer was looking to make a compliment to the Cherokee-D. Which I am also a huge fan of, so much so I made a Cherokee-I.

Of the rockets in my collection, the Estes Voyager II was probably the one I most remember wanting because it looked cool.

I've never had an Estes Tomcat, but I think it's a head turner.

2000_voyager2.jpg

EstesTomcat2.JPG

Of the rockets in my collection, the Estes Voyager II was probably the one I most remember wanting because it looked cool.

I've never had an Estes Tomcat, but I think it's a head turner.

Oh, the Tomcat is a head turner alright... Mostly when people are yelling "HEADS UP!!!" I've never seen one painted that flew well, or should I say crashed with dignity.

Adrian

I am going to add two that I saw at NARAM this year.

This one is (if I recall correctly) a Wildman Eagle Claw 4. What really knocked my socks off is that the builder painted this himself. The pic (from NARAMLive.com) does not do it justice! Painting every single rivet... He was behind me at check-in on Sunday.

2014-0727%20-%201233.56%20%20CIMG8679.JPG

The second was this one, also on Sunday. It was just a thing of beauty. If I recall correctly, it was an L2 cert. (Maybe an L3?)

2014-0727%20-%201240.58%20%20IMG_8313.JPG

Last edited:
Rockets I think are goddamn sexy:

Fliskits Corona:
kAAWjst.png

Photo is of mine, but she's had more hard hits than the thin BT likes so I don't know how many flights are left. Also, only really flies well on B motors. Definitely upscaling this one.

Pemtech Kraken
KKH1806579small.jpg

not-mine. On my buy list.

I am going to add two that I saw at NARAM this year.

This one is (if I recall correctly) a Wildman Eagle Claw 4. What really knocked my socks off is that the builder painted this himself. The pic (from NARAMLive.com) does not do it justice! Painting every single rivet... He was behind me at check-in on Sunday.

2014-0727%20-%201233.56%20%20CIMG8679.JPG

Bill,
I really appreciate the compliment, thank you very much, and yes, it is an Eagle Claw 4; all airbrush, no stickers.

Back