Estes New 24mm Conquest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Guys!!! I just thought I havenot weighed it yet, I'll do that tomorrow.

Thank you Les, so I weighed it & it comes in at 207g all loaded up with a bit of wadding, kevlar chute protector, nylon chute & swivel(no motor)
blue bomber is def getting a E12-6 for first flight. I'll let you guys now how she flies.

Thank you Les, so I weighed it & it comes in at 207g all loaded up with a bit of wadding, kevlar chute protector, nylon chute & swivel(no motor)
blue bomber is def getting a E12-6 for first flight. I'll let you guys now how she flies.
E12... but its so beautiful.:eek:

The 6 second delay will probably be pretty long for that rocket. Estes recommends the 4 second delay, and yours is heavier than the stated weight. However, if you're comforetable with that risk, it should be an impressive flight... one way or another.:wink:

Nate

E12... but its so beautiful.:eek:

The 6 second delay will probably be pretty long for that rocket. Estes recommends the 4 second delay, and yours is heavier than the stated weight. However, if you're comforetable with that risk, it should be an impressive flight... one way or another.:wink:

Nate

HMMMM you are right, estes says to use the 4 sec, I'm going off of my other rockets & how & what they fly on, although this will prob be more draggy then my others.....hmmmm I'm second guessing myself now. You are also right it will be impessive either way:wink:

My stretched QCC is 235g & it flies good with a e12-6, also my twisted sister is 237g & has flown on a E12-6 all be it it was a bit on late side, but twisted sister flew perfect on a E12-4.......hmmmm I wonder what I should do, maybe first flight will be with an E12-4 since I do got a few & I know a 6 sec would be a bit late....but is it too late?
We will find out on Friday cause we(my club) are having a launch day. With all the rain I got over last few days, I plan on firing up a skidmark for the first time also.(cti g80)

I saw this kit a few weeks ago and appreciated a cool new level 5 kit. After reading this thread, I'm totally planning to get one. Great looking build! I am excited to see/hear about its maiden flight.

I flew my Conquest yesterday on a E12-6.....and it flew GREAT!! Deploy time was almost perfect, if I had used a 4 sec delay it would have popped before apogee. No damage despite it floating 3 blocks away....it landed in a front yard & looked as though it landed like a plane. (with its nose ripped off)
It flew to about 1000-1100', which was higher then I thought it would go. I couldn't get a good pic, this was the best one of about 12 as all the others were a complete blur.
uvs140621-007.jpg

Thanks JP! I highly recommend this kit to those who want a build thats a bit diff then the norm, but still easy if you've built a few rockets...or if you like to sand(since there is alot of wood)

The very cool Conquest is not getting a lot of discussion. This appears to be the only dedicated thread for it.

I recently started one. This is one of a very few Estes kits that I have bought that were not on sale for at a huge discount.

There has to be a few other folks building and flying this good looking model.

Nice stuff John B, the angle on the package graphic doesn't do it justice!

I agree there hasn't been enough builds of this model. No ones has left a review of the Conquest on the Estes web site either. I'll group this model in with the SciFi types. People think they are cool but for some reason don't buy them and then two years later they are taken out of the line for lack of sales. This was a fun model to design and build. It flew great the first time I flew it.

John Boren

I'll group this model in with the SciFi types. People think they are cool but for some reason don't buy them and then two years later they are taken out of the line for lack of sales. John Boren

Sorry to hear about people not buying them. I love the SciFi rockets!!! Please keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Conquest is about half built now, partly due to the extremely crappy North Texas Weather.

I see having a stock one, a modified clone with glide recovery (larger horizontals, slightly larger wing, wing place to optimized glide CG, counterweighted pop pod)) and am thinking about at least a 2X upscale with chute recovery for a future build.

I agree there hasn't been enough builds of this model. No ones has left a review of the Conquest on the Estes web site either. I'll group this model in with the SciFi types. People think they are cool but for some reason don't buy them and then two years later they are taken out of the line for lack of sales. This was a fun model to design and build. It flew great the first time I flew it.

IOW, if anyone wants one, best buy it soon.

If Estes makes it in a 24mm or 29mm, I'll buy them. Just keep them in production until I can get them.

I'm looking to pick one of these kits up soon. It looks like a fun build. It's winter. It's cold. I'm bored. Lol.

Does Aerotech RMS 24/60 fit? I'm thinking F-35W-5. Never mind. The E12-4 is 3.75" L and so is the RMS24-60 so cool it fits.

I picked one up from Belleville Hobby along with a Protostar and an Astron Skydart. They have it for $20.64 in their discontinued section. It looks like a really fun build.

The Protostar is also 24mm, so probably D12-3 For the most part. I've got a couple of packs of C11-3 for small fields as well. I am all about low-and-slow, so no mid power motors in my Conquest's future...

I got my conquest yesterday: the box was bigger than I thought it would be. Never built an MPR before.

I think the Conquest would probably qualify as LPR, on the large end of things. Still a good sized kit. Feel free to build thread this one if you’re so inclined.

Estes sent wrong kit. Well f*** it. I got a two stage one somehow that instead of a conquest upon opening box.

Back