LOC IV Jr. Level one Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, man. The LOC IV is a classic L1 bird-- I did my L1 with it too-- definitely a great choice. You'll get lots of mileage out of it in the future.

Also don't forget to update your signature!

It was an AWESOME flight! Congratulations! Those redlines are great motors. See you next time!

Well, to restart an old thread. This will now be the "Log". Today I flew it on an AT H123W-10. The ejection was a little late, but not bad. The white lightning was beautiful. I really think this is my new favorite motor type.

Cody,
I've got the same motor to try soon.
I wondered if 10 seconds wasn't too much for the LOC IV. If the guys at the Club have the tool
I'm going to drill it to 8 or 7 seconds, I guess.

*Simulated in Open Rocket mine showed 27 mph at deployment with 6 seconds and 15mph with 9 seconds.
That's 58 ounces with motor and case.

JP

Last edited:
Cody,
I've got the same motor to try soon.
I wondered if 10 seconds wasn't too much for the LOC IV. If the guys at the Club have the tool
I'm going to drill it to 8 or 7 seconds, I guess.

*Simulated in Open Rocket mine showed 27 mph at deployment with 6 seconds and 15mph with 9 seconds.
That's 58 ounces with motor and case.

JP
7 or 8 seconds is perfect. 10 will work, I did it because my mentor today said that it would be fine.

Just thought I would update this thread after a while of nothing. I decided to upgrade this rocket for DD since I will be flying it at LDRS on an I327DM. Should be an exciting flight and my first DD too! I'll post pictures a little later of my AV bay.

Back