URRF II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hotel booked....check
registration, range fees, shirt, raffle tickets....check
rockets....work in progress (1 done 2 to go)

Excitement levels rising!

See everyone there!

Matt

What hotel you staying at??
Next year we will have a host hotel and a group discount for it!!
Don't forget to post whatever you are building on the Featured flights page!!

What hotel you staying at??
Next year we will have a host hotel and a group discount for it!!
Don't forget to post whatever you are building on the Featured flights page!!

Funny story. I am staying at the best western in Penn Yan, 10 or so minutes from the field (mom got a good deal by working her booking magic, I don't know how she does it, but my credit card thanks her! :D). Problem is the reservation is only from Thursday to Saturday because they are completely booked for Saturday so I then have to pack up and I am staying at another hotel about 30 minutes from the field, I think its a comfort inn. Long story short, I hope someone cancels between now and then so I don't have to pack up Saturday just for one more night. I like the fact that I am only 15 minutes from the field though. Last year I was 40 minutes.

The hotels / motels get booked up quick due to them being located in "Wine Country"
I booked late last year and ended up having to book a place in Waterloo.
It was really nice for the price but, didn't like the 30+ min drive each way.

JD

I've "booked" in to my childhood home with my mother and sister southwest of Syracuse. It take about an hour and a half to get to the field, but for most of my adult life, my commute to and from work each day has been over an hour in each direction, so driving for that long each day is nothing new...

Guy.

I don't know about you guys, but I am booking a room for the April launch! Hopefully no shortage of rooms then!

Don't think Ill make it out for that one. Being the new guy at work I only get 10 days off a year for now (not including holidays). Use them wisely I must.

Matt

Wow! I didn't even realize that there was an April Launch!
It just so happens to land on my birthday, seriously considering this one.

JD

I don't know about you guys, but I am booking a room for the April launch! Hopefully no shortage of rooms then!

Yes the URRG website is crappy, I am working on its replacement. The schedule in potter is on the site,
https://urrg.org/calendar/
There actually is going to be a March launch as well. 3 Colleges are doing SLI tests flights on march 22 with a rain date of march 23. I am calling in a waiver for both days if the weather is good both days well be there Flying both days!

Yes the URRG website is crappy, I am working on its replacement. The schedule in potter is on the site,
https://urrg.org/calendar/
There actually is going to be a March launch as well. 3 Colleges are doing SLI tests flights on march 22 with a rain date of march 23. I am calling in a waiver for both days if the weather is good both days well be there Flying both days!

And a March launch! Awesome!

Awwwww Mannnnnnnnnn...........
No fair...............
A March launch tooooooooo...............
You guy's are doing this on purpose,,,,,,,,
just too tease me............

It's a 6 hour drive................

Teddy

Awwwww Mannnnnnnnnn...........
No fair...............
A March launch tooooooooo...............
You guy's are doing this on purpose,,,,,,,,
just too tease me............

It's a 6 hour drive................

Teddy

We have 4 launches before the crops come in, we keep flying after then too

We have 4 launches before the crops come in, we keep flying after then too

Perfect! I'm planning to come out for a couple of Sat/Sun launches this year. Your field/waiver plus a relatively short drive (~3 hrs) makes it a no-brainer for me!

Perfect! I'm planning to come out for a couple of Sat/Sun launches this year. Your field/waiver plus a relatively short drive (~3 hrs) makes it a no-brainer for me!

That's a really cheap shot Dan..............lol...lol

And Bill's helping you shoot.........lol....lol

The waiver and the field in Potter are insane............

Teddy

I know.................
That's what's killing me.............

That field and Higgs Farm with MDRA,,,,,,,,
Both the nicest fields I've ever seen..............

And the waiver,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Fly as you wish...............

Teddy

It looks like a bunch of us are staying at the flint creek camp ground. It should be fun we get some interesting conversations going around the camp fire at night. Who's all camping?

It looks like a bunch of us are staying at the flint creek camp ground. It should be fun we get some interesting conversations going around the camp fire at night. Who's all camping?

That's super cool,,,,,,,,,,
I wish I was,,,,,,,,
It's been years since I've camped..........

I'm grateful to be going,,,,,,,
I'll be in a hotel........

Teddy

Hey Larry...looking forward to seeing you again. Had a GREAT time at LDRS!!! Looking forward to coming back out there. Our family is staying at Flint Creek!!!

Registration - DONE!!!
Hey everyone - Early Bird regisration closes in 11 days. It's still only $30 until 03/31.

Done,,,,,,,
I just registered as well..........
It's going to be a smokin weekend.........
I can't wait..........

Teddy

Registration - DONE!!!
Hey everyone - Early Bird regisration closes in 11 days. It's still only $30 until 03/31.

Greg that reminds me i need to fire the spam ahem email newsletter system.

Greg that reminds me i need to fire the spam ahem email newsletter system.

Got your....ahmmm....news note....this morning at 7:32AM.

Good work Bill!!!
Looking forward to coming out to NY again !!!

Since I am under 18 and do not have to register is there any way you could put me on the newsletter list please. Thanks

-Connor McGrath

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Got your....ahmmm....news note....this morning at 7:32AM.

Good work Bill!!!
Looking forward to coming out to NY again !!!

For the last 16yrs i have been known as the TheSpaminator, back in the day i created a "sendmail" plugin to stop spam, that plugin is now standard on every mail server in the world. People who know me laugh when I send these out! Cant beat them Join them ahhah :y:

Hi Greg looking forward to some camp fire conversations. It sounds like many will be at flint creek. Thats the best part of the trip after a day on the field. Larry W

Back