Ascender PSII Kit Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Just finished up this rocket kit.

I am using an Estes 9773 F50-4 PSII engine.

It gives you an engine block (green circle) which is glued to the front section of the motor tube (did that).

It also gives you a composite engine spacer (orange circle) for E16 and F15 engines.

So do I need this orange spacer put in before the F50-4 PSII engine?

SAM_0164_zpsb5cc393d.jpg

Launch tomorrow afternoon!!!

The F50 has a thrust ring molded on the rear of the casing. So, no you don't need the spacer for the F50. however, the 4-second delay will likely strip your parachute and zipper the main body tube. If you want to fly on an F50, get an Aerotech F50-9 instead.

The spacer is for shorter motors.

If any motor does not reach the thrust ring at the top of the motor mount it is a good idea to use a spacer. Even though a shorter composite motor has a built in thrust ring on the aft end, there will be blow torch/highway flare style "delay afterburn" which will roast the top of the motor tube if not protected.

This is called "Thd Hibachi Effect".

Just finished up this rocket kit.

I am using an Estes 9773 F50-4 PSII engine.

It gives you an engine block (green circle) which is glued to the front section of the motor tube (did that).

It also gives you a composite engine spacer (orange circle) for E16 and F15 engines.

So do I need this orange spacer put in before the F50-4 PSII engine?

View attachment 153976

Launch tomorrow afternoon!!!

Thanks guys for the info. Not flying till next weekend, so I will pick another motor.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back