Back in the sky, back here online

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Yes, I've been away for a while. My last post here was 6 or 7 months ago. It's been longer than that since I've launched anything.

So, where have I been? It's a familiar story - "life" just got in the way: finances, time, crises, etc.. Lots of different things conspired to keep me away from rockets pretty much this whole season. I've not been building, or designing, or flying the whole time. Kept me away from TRF for the most part as well. I've also not spent any money on motors, parts, etc. so that's perhaps a plus. The big bummer is that I missed Hellfire (my one big launch each year normally), and I missed LDRS which was "in my neighborhood" this time around. I have lurked here at TRF occasionally just to read up on what's been going on, but I've not had anything to post. Anywho, like I said, it's a familiar story, and I know many of you have been through similar circumstances.

But......

The clouds have been breaking in the last couple of weeks, and I've been slowly becoming a BAR once more. And yesterday I flew! Had a great day out at my personal launch site, with PERFECT skies and conditions. Lots of nice flights - everything went smooth. And to top it all off, I achieved a new personal best altitude of 6979'! (AT I200-W motor in this rocket - https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?45065-1-of-3-fresh-ones-Goh-Ran ).

I still don't have much in the way of available time or cash, but at least I'm able to do something. Don't know when I'll fly again, but it will likely be a while - not as long as this last hiatus but probably a month or two. Not sure when I'll have time for building, but I've got lots of ideas, most of the parts and bits I might need, and a decent stock of motors (which have all been sitting lonely in storage this whole time). I'll take what I can get, and yesterday was really great. Hopefully I'll be spending some time with y'all here on the forum too.

It's good to be back.
(...waiting for the inevitable "and you are?" posts to follow....)

s6

MAN STEALTH I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD OR SOMETHING.
Really. I checked the obituaries.

Congrats on the record altitude, I wish I could have seen that little thing fly.
Glad to have you back! Time to get that post count up, eh?

Alex

There is nothing like a white ribbon of a model rocket contrail in a clear blue sky on a crisp Autumn day to remain one of good times. Take the blessings where you find them.

Back