NARAM-55

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
My bags are almost packed.

My airline, rental car and hotel reservations are confirmed.

I've registered for NARAM and the Award's Banquet.

My rockets have been safely shipped and received.

I will see all you NARAM-55 participants Friday evening! :wink:

I have arrived at the NARAM hotel in Aurora, OH, after a flight from San Diego via Atlanta.

Seeing many familiar faces.

Weather for Saturday morning is possible thunderstorms. :(

Thanks for the NARAM updates! Good Luck! Please keep us posted. I live for launch reports, especially NARAM!!

Saturday morning (7:40 AM local) at the NARAM hotel.

It is raining outside. :(

The rain stopped around 11:00 AM. :)

I drove out to the field (It's less than six miles from the hotel).

The wind historically blows East-West.

Today it was North-South.

I watched FAI PD rockets drift into/over the tree line. :(

The Sport range has a newly built pond near it. At least one model has already landed in it.

Ground is soft and muddy in places. Should be fine once it dries out.

Vendor row is up and running. Bought a new model from John at Red River Rocketry and the motors I will need for flying. Talked with Carl,Sheryl and Bruce at Semroc.

I will be flying tomorrow.

There will be some new food items from the chef on Sunday at the field. There will be Italian sausage sandwiches and pulled pork sandwiches in addition to hamburgers (and likely still hot dogs). Someone may be bringing some baked goodies too.

The chef would like to know if anyone is interested in breakfast items such as bagels, donuts, etc. Stop by and see the chef or his family and let them know of your breakfast wishes.

--
Mark Recktenwald
MTMA President

Weather much better at the NARAM-55 flying field on Sunday.

Wind was NOT blowing towards the tree line.

Sport range was moderately busy. Large, 'G' motor powered rockets were landing on the field.

I made three flights, all went well.

The FAI folks were flying their RC gliders and scale models.

A storm moved in about 2:30 PM and many folks decided to pack it in for the day.

Rating so far, 1 to 5?

Are you there for sport or competition?

How many people are there and how does it compare to other NARAMs?

To bad folks left after the rain started. It (the rain) only lasted about 25-30 min. After that folks came back and did more launching. As the button pusher at the sports range for a period of time, I thought it (sport range) was quite busy. I have never been to any other NARAM but I think it is going pretty darn well. The on-site food vendor is a real treat with burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, Italian Sausage sandwiches, and other goodies. The field is mowed and accessible and if the wind is good its a great place to launch...even pretty. I would give it a 5. Lots of fun and laughter at the sports range! Hats off to a young man named "Arei" (I am sorry....I know I spelled your name wrong) That young kid and his father launched....I would say more than 20 times!!! (I think) He was there in full force on Saturday and Sunday! He showed great spirit and had countless good flights. Another young boy named Wallace likewise tore up the pads today with many many flights with his dad. Good to see families launching together. Many fine, fun-loving, light hearted smiling faces down at the sports range today; And yes the wind was almost non-existence. MTMA member Mark R. Launched an Estes Nike Smoke on a G76 for I think the highest flight and casually recovered it about 50 feet from the rail. Many many other good flights and launches too. GREAT JOB MTMA! Have fun this week! It was a great weekend to launch!

I've made a few flights here at NARAM-55 and present liftoff pictures for all to enjoy.

First off was my AeroTech Intitiator.

Second was my Estes Vagabond.

Next was my Thrustline clone of the Estes Cherokee-D.

Fourth was the AeroTech Cheetah which almost made it into the trees.

Finally, my Estes Monarch.

More to fly on Tuesday. :wink:
NARAM-55-001 Initiator launches on AeroTech F30-4FJ motor.jpgNARAM-55-002 Estes Vagabond launch on Estes D12-5.jpgNARAM-55-003 Thrustline Cherokee-D launches on Estes B6-4 motor.jpgNARAM-55-004 AeroTech Cheetah launching on AeroTech E20-7W motor.jpgNARAM-55-005 Estes Monarch launching on B6-4 motor.jpg

Back