Who's on First?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 70's I remember someone doing a comedy skit with a rock n roll promoter and a financial backer. The promoter whants backing for a concert. It went along the same Lina as "Who's on First" only the lineup was the rock bands.
1st band was "The Who", 2nd band was the "Guess Who" and the last band was "Yes"
It was pretty funny.

I just showed this to my kids about a half hour ago.Imagine my supprise to see this post.

I didn't realize it was that old.A classic that is still funny after 75 years.

Why do I doubt we'll be laughing at anything from 2013 after the same amount of time.

Last edited:
I just showed this to my kids about a half hour ago.Imagine my supprise to see this post.

I didn't realize it was that old.A classic that is still funny after 75 years.

Why do I doubt we'll be laughing at anything from 2013 after the same amount of time.

I feel the same way. Today there are comercials that still use "BIG BAND" music:cool: not to mention true classical music, or 60's & 70's rock. Will comercials 75 years from now be using hippity hop music from today?

I love Abbott and Costello movies, I just laugh and laugh. My wife doesn't get it. The 40s, 50s and 60s were the golden age of movies IMO.

I watched The Great Race this weekend. Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, Natilie Wood, Peter Falk and Keenan Wynn, they just don't make movies like that anymore. Later that night we watched Snow White and the Huntsman, yuk! I really miss the days of quality movies that depend on story telling and acting instead of special effects and violence. I don't know who the young actress is that played Snow White but she certainly wasn't the fairest of them all.

I love Abbott and Costello movies, I just laugh and laugh. My wife doesn't get it. The 40s, 50s and 60s were the golden age of movies IMO.

I watched The Great Race this weekend. Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, Natilie Wood, Peter Falk and Keenan Wynn, they just don't make movies like that anymore. Later that night we watched Snow White and the Huntsman, yuk! I really miss the days of quality movies that depend on story telling and acting instead of special effects and violence. I don't know who the young actress is that played Snow White but she certainly wasn't the fairest of them all.

Slapstick has kind of gone by the waiyside, but who doesn't like a good pie fight?

I'd have to disagree about the quality of movies these days. Did you see the best picture nominations this year? I saw seven of the nine, and they were all great movies. There's a lot of junk out there as well, like Snow White and the Huntsman, but there have always been garbage movies. All in all though, it seems like a good time for good movies.

I feel the same way. Today there are comercials that still use "BIG BAND" music:cool: not to mention true classical music, or 60's & 70's rock. Will comercials 75 years from now be using hippity hop music from today?

You may be dating yourself slightly by calling it "hippity hop" music...

Back