What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed my order of a yellow Formula 75 with RW. Can't wait to bring it down with a 1 inch wide 5 foot long crepe paper streamer. :facepalm: :no:

Tracked my Giant Leap TBolt to Cailfornia. One more day. Prepped my Astrobee-D with a H250g

Drove home from SLI; started planning for next year's trip to Huntsville.

-Kevin

Some great lookin birds :cheers:

Thanks. Never understood why they were such a here today, gone tomorrow sort of company. The little one took forever to get to me after the auction, but it's a great small field bird. I'm hoping the 7.95 will be the same kind of mid-power flier.

Worked on my av-bay and sled. I need to acquire some mounting hardware for the Adept22 I recently bought from "jus-rockets" (two posts above) so shout out to him! The altimeter is definitely going to get some air time in my tube fin bird.

Edit: Ordered a few packets of various installation hardware from Adept Rocketry. Screws, standoffs, and hex nuts. Should arrive in a few days.

Last edited:
Thanks! should be done tomorrow
Worked on my av-bay and sled. I need to acquire some mounting hardware for the Adept22 I recently bought from "jus-rockets" (two posts above) so shout out to him! The altimeter is definitely going to get some air time in my tube fin bird.

Edit: Ordered a few packets of various installation hardware from Adept Rocketry. Screws, standoffs, and hex nuts. Should arrive in a few days.

Thanks for the shout out, good luck with your project.

The 6" PVC sewer pipe flying on Saturday. Out-of-focus shots bum me out.

Ari.

IMG_3528.JPG

IMG_3529.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3542.JPG

Working on my 2.6" AV bay and nosecone shear pins. First shear pins for me, so probably overbuilding with brass shims on both the tube and on the cone. May not really need them either as this bird is sub-mach and will only go to about 3500 feet. But the nose cone is weighted and I'm a feared that it separate before it's time.

I took delivery of a box of parts/tools for the rocketry box pass. Now I have to paw though it and figure out what I want to keep, and what I'm sending along to the next person

I had flight data recording failure so I don't know for sure. Open Rocket says ~4,000' and I believe it.

Ari.

received my replacement 808 camera last night, along with the 5v signalling relays for the launch controller, the BNC plugs for my antenna, and some optioisolators. Canada Post says my box of stuff for the 6 small rockets should be arriving today some time.

Aced the NAR practice test this morning! I have been going over it since last weekend and this is the first time I got everything right. Then I went out and started getting ready for this weekends two day "Spring Blast". Cleaning launch rods and rails, prepping the camping gear and started packing "Grosser", our camping truck. Now that my rockets are getting larger, I can't fit everything into the truck, so we take a little trailer too.
Does anyone else lay awake at night before a big launch? It's not just the L-2 attempt either, I'm really looking forward to seeing Jack's humongus trailer filled with rocket stuff too!

Launched a 3" rocket on a research 76-6000N-s moonburner yesterday to 29k.
boost.jpg

Gorgeous. Congrats!!! :cheers: where was that? FAR?

I received my Madcow Super DX3!

I should probably finish the other 4 rockets I'm working on first though.

glued on fins, papered fins, started making an Estes express, and painted my dominator. Pics at 11...

Put a final coat of sealer on the fins of the Vagabond. Looked at the Frau im Mond V2, decided I really need to get it finished. Trying to set a date for a fun-fly weekend in May for all the kids who didn't get to launch last year due to the drought conditions.

Thanks Jeff, yes this was at the FAR site.

Great usage of the AT nozzle and seal ring. Looks like you got plenty of extra propellant in there when compared to the stock 6000 nozzle.

How did the Loki liner hold up? I may be buying a length at a later date to try a 54mm moon burn. Did you use a Delrin mandrel with Mann 400?

sorted bagged/boxed labeled and organized everything....hangie widgets,maniforms,sky hooks, the whole kaboodle kit itself... looks nice and neat...now i will never be able to find the one thing I am looking for without a long search

cut all fabrics for glassing my Kramer X4 tomorrow...2 layers FG, 1 CF, peel ply etc.... 2 hours of cuting...8 pieces each...many things to prepare for the vacuum phase...

Finished up my nose cone shear pins on the 2.6 airframe. Ground tested and adjusted separation charge. Man this is fun, I wish igniters were cheaper, I might test it 10 times.
:wink:

Back