What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put epoxy fillets on launch lugs of Estes V2.

Next is some light sanding, building the ebay sled (it will be housed in the nosecone) and paint the damn thing!

Here are the fillets. I used to hate epoxy when we were living in an appartement butnow with a house and some terrain it suddenly becomes fun :)

1436710282365.jpg

(Yesterday) Met up with the Boeing Employees Model Rocket Club for a launch. Think I got 13 flights in from some mini stuff up to my Saturn V and Pro Series Jayhawk. Had a great time.

(Yesterday) Met up with the Boeing Employees Model Rocket Club for a launch. Think I got 13 flights in from some mini stuff up to my Saturn V and Pro Series Jayhawk. Had a great time.
My wife's parents John and Vicki Webber both recently retired from Boeing at the Lakewood Ca. location. Never knew they had a rocket club.

Just finished my Estes D-Region Tomahawk. In my opinion, one of the finest kits Estes has produced. I just love how it turned out, and am looking forward to flying it next month.

Attachments

• 20150712_145610.jpg
    20150712_145610.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150712_145340.jpg
    20150712_145340.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150712_145638.jpg
    20150712_145638.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150712_145631.jpg
    20150712_145631.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 6
So this really has nothing to do with rocketry, but Amy and I bought our first bike today. Turns out there is one other hobby we enjoy together. We both got our permits yesterday, and today we rode this guy home.

Ari.

IMG_1655.jpg

So this really has nothing to do with rocketry, but Amy and I bought our first bike today. Turns out there is one other hobby we enjoy together. We both got our permits yesterday, and today we rode this guy home.

Ari.

Honda Shadow? They remind me so much of my Honda V45 and V65 Magnas, to be exact the body work is nearly identical or at least the rear fender is.

Rocketry stuff, started researching kits for my L3, will probably scratch it with an upscale of something but I also like the PML Pterodactyl, Wildman Extreme Darkstar, and Madcow 5.5" AGM-34 Pike. If I upscale who knows.

Finished 85% of the work on my 4" avionics bay; completed the 54mm motor mount on my Rocketry Warehouse Adventurer3 build, and I just keep on keep'n on!

Ari.

Very nice!

Finished my V-2 video, enjoy!

[video=youtube;J05_430V6ts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J05_430V6ts&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Stopped at Lucerne Dry Lake at 7:15 AM this morning before work for a quick launch. I launched my Estes Magician on a E9-6 engine for its 4th voyage with an Estes altimeter in the payload. The fin alignment guide gave this rocket the straightest flight over any rocket I have built with not a single rotation on its way up.

The 18 inch parachute brought it back safely 1/4 mile away with 0 wind. The altimeter reading shows 1404 Ft. even though the projected altitude on the package reads 1600 Ft. I put 2 coats primer, 2 coats paint, 2 clear coats and extra fillets for the non rounded fins. This reduced the alt. by 200 ft.

It's a great feeling to squeeze time for a launch before work. Just have to wake up 30 min. earlier.

Finished my V-2 video, enjoy!

[video=youtube;J05_430V6ts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J05_430V6ts&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Beautiful rocket and flight. Did you use a snap swivel to keep the lines from twisting? Also, I think the new Estes parachutes and lines are stiffer and crinkelier than the older parachutes. I use older chutes and put my own softer string on the chutes along with talc powder.

Ari.
Sold all my bikes after somebody made a left turn in front of me. My wife means too much to me to lose her on a bike. If I wasn't married, I would get back on one tomorrow. Wish you both the best and be safe with your M1.

Got the first coat of primer on my Ultimate Dark Star fincan. Took the whole can, and it was just the fins! I might have to rethink the paint job I had in mind.....
Started working up a list of rockets for Hellfire, and pulling them off the rack. I have two weeks to prep them, so I decided to check each one and make upgrades. So far it's been mostly changing out old toasted tubular nylon for kevlar, but some of them needed new nomex pouches and blankets. The sewing machine is getting a workout.
If the weather is good for the whole four day launch, we should be able to put on quite a show.

Got started on an Estes Big Dawg clone. It was one of the first rockets I ever built and was always a fun flier. Don't know what ever happened to my original.

IMG_4162.jpg

...and there's an excellent possibility for launching them at the new (pending) SARG launch site.

I hope so! I have 8 of them built now. :) 2 more nearing completion. We're launching at the local school Thursday, but just low power.
Keep us in the loop on the potential new field timelines. Exciting stuff!

Assembled my Aerotech Warthog. I don't think I will put the channels on the body tube. The centering rings were no joke, I really had to sand to even begin to get them installed. Red, white and blue color scheme to follow!

Today I got the California state model rocket laws changed.

Signed by the governor today.

It goes into effect January 1, 2016.

Today I got the California state model rocket laws changed.

Signed by the governor today.

It goes into effect January 1, 2016.

Woohoo! Awesome!

Thanks Fred for getting the ball rolling and for rallying the troops!

I hope to get back out to fly some rockets sometime soon.

Jerome :)

Re-started the finishing up of another dusty project; Excalibur. It only needs a motor retainer designed into the boat tail, and the avionics completed, and she will be field-able again.

IMG_2103.jpg

I threw some more money at Estes July sale, after finding that the Asteroid Hunter is back in stock. Also picked up a second Cosmic Explorer, to be the basis of a Vindicator upscale, another Photon Probe (since it looks to be OOP soon) and PS2 Sahara, having just built its sister ship, the Argent.

, another Photon Probe (since it looks to be OOP soon)

Where are you hearing this from? The photon probe is one of my favorite Estes kits. Good thing I bought another one at the recent sale, so i'll now have 2.

Well, its cousin Photon Disruptor is already gone, and now the Photon Probe is on the major mark-down list. I'm just making a deduction based on the evidence. It might not be discontinued, but it looks likely to be on the bubble to me...

Back