Dear Abby dies today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
Death watch Dan here, Dear Abby dies today. I read her column almost every day.

Death watch Dan here, Dear Abby dies today. I read her column almost every day.

Well, the column you've been reading is by her daughter. The original Dear Abby hasn't written the column in a very long time. In fact, I thought she was already dead, but instead she was living with Alzheimer's. Her sister, pen name of Ann Landers, did die many years ago. They both wrote similar columns.

No I did not. Just did not want to post it. I never watched his 80's show.
You can post about it.

Nah, not my thing. I thought you reported all, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
During the 2011 season, the Peterborough Players ran "The Lady With all the Answers", a one women play about the life of Ann Landers. I would recommend it. If I recall correctly the two sisters eneded up not being on very good speaking terms because of the competing columns. Also, one of the largest/highest volume mail topics from her readers was whether or not a toilet paper roll should be mounted so the paper would hang down behind or over the top and in front. I am an over the top and in front man myself. :wink:

I am an over the top and in front man myself. :wink:

We've always known you were an "over-the-top" kind of guy, Guy, but it's good to see you carry into all aspects of your life.

Dear Abby, Ann Landers and other advice columns like those were a great way to pick yourself up and feel better about yourself if you were feeling down; you'd read some of the problems people wrote in with and could either feel good that you weren't so bad off or feel superior to someone because they were concerned about such a nimrod thing. Nowadays, we have "reality" TV shows to get us to the same place.

Back