Aerotech Mustang CATO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EeebeeE

Reaction score
Our MARS Club holds an annual New Years Day launch. Rain, snow, wind, cold, we still fly. Though this is a mid power motor I am posting this on the high power section because I normally fly this rocket with H motors. I think what happened, and from forensic evidence I am pretty sure, that the delay charge burned through in a matter of micro seconds and the rocket deployed early.

Regardless, this was a great rocket and at the end of the day, the damage was minimal and I think I have a way to attach a new shock cord. It will fly again. Enjoy the video.

[YOUTUBE]gzpdc_Pk6S8[/YOUTUBE]

I had the same thing happen to me several years ago. I placed the delay in the motor upside down. Made for a short flight, but a awesome cato!

I REALLY hope I put my I211 together right to avoid this kind of fiasco in my Little John...

Sorry for your loss :(

Gives me a reason to repaint it. It is a little filthy from the ash and one of the decals was damaged.

I was talking about my onboard in the video, not my handheld. My onboard camera is a keychain camera that I order from China for pennies. I have more money in the Class 10 Micro SD card. I had thought the way it blew out the forward end that the keychain camera might have been melted. It had a small scar, but is still usable.

Back