STARSHIP ENTERPRISE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COOL! I've never seen one of these fly in person. You need a Warbird to go with it. Looking forward to the build thread. Your work area is nice---WAY TOO ORGANIZED--but nice. I like chaos---well not really, just seems like it turns into chaos after about an hour !!

The first rule of rocket club is never talk about rocket club. Or am I confusing that with something else???

How big of a motor are you going to put in it?

This brings back memories from about 35 years ago. :)

-- Roger

het i have one of those shirts. its my prize for the birds i left in the cornfields around charlotte

COOL! I've never seen one of these fly in person. You need a Warbird to go with it. Looking forward to the build thread. Your work area is nice---WAY TOO ORGANIZED--but nice. I like chaos---well not really, just seems like it turns into chaos after about an hour !!

I nabbed both an enterprise and a klingon battle cruiser of of ebay last year, for a good price. (NOT from the dude that seems to think these are worth $300+ buy it now...)

They're still sitting on the shelf waiting to be built. Lookign forward to the build thread as well.

The first rule of rocket club is never talk about rocket club. Or am I confusing that with something else???

How big of a motor are you going to put in it?

Is that the rumor I heard where a group of guys get together at some abandoned site and launch weird rockets on custom made motors? How do you join Rocket Club?

Hope yours came with dual motor extension pod attachment hooks.

Back in the day first run kits came with only a single forward Pod attachment retaining hook. The pod crimped at the coupling about 50feet into the first flight. Because of the crimp she flipped and flopped down into a rain puddle that i'ms sure saved a grass fires as the fire and heat did a number on the saucer section. Poor thing looked much as NCC-1701 in the Wrath-of-Con.
Kept her anyway, she still hangs in the rocket dungen. Have a newer edition kit waiting for a spirit to move me to build it and the Battle Curser...
The new kit instructions call for dual extension pod clips 180° apart that should make all the difference:)

Lookin good so far, Hope you have better flight luck than I did.

Starship Enterprise-a-sm_ NCC-1701 Front top(Estes)_78.JPG

Starship Enterprise-b-sm_NCC-1701 Top_78.JPG

Starship Enterprise-c-sm_NCC-1701 Starboard side_78.JPG

Starship Enterprise-e1-sm_NCC-1701 4pic Damage pg_78.JPG

Last edited:
I've built two of these. They fly great until the don't, which is why I no longer have one. The plastic is so thin that they don't hold up well to a hard landing. If I had it to do over again the second one I built would have been a static display or better yet I would still have it as a NIB collectable. It is very cool to see one of these fly just be aware that it is fragile.

Now someone needs to dig out that 1970s Model Rocketry Video with William Shatner in it.

You know, the one that got posted here a couple of months ago?

No one?

Okay, fine... I'll do it:

[video=youtube;fqupfFjSJXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqupfFjSJXw[/video]

I'm really very sorry about that...

I'll let you find part 2 on your own. (They launch one of the Flying Enterprises models at the end of part 2)

Oooh! Where's the build thread for the Vega?

The Enterprise is looking good.

If you decide to change your mind...
https://culttvman.com/main/?p=7718
https://culttvman.com/main/?p=6752

I find it amusing that the Estes Enterprise decal sheet is the Holy Grail of Trek Modelers. You may want to scan yours before you slice it.

I remember tracking down the specific grey paint color mentioned in the instructions when I built the Estes Enterprise 35+ years ago. Back then, I couldn't just run to Michaels, Home Depot, or Hobby Lobby. The nearest craft or hobby store was 75 miles away and stores like Lowes and Home Depot didn't exist. :)

-- Roger

That did turn out to be quite a beautiful kit ,very nice work ! I too would be afraid to fly such a nice looking kit ,although I know that`s what it`s made for ,just kind of a scary thought.

Hmmmm....I never realized the Enterprise had Nav. lights on it ,suppose that would make sense when going at warp speed LOL

Nice work !

Cheers

Paul T

The flight was fine there was no damage to the rocket. Sorry i do not have video. It was the first and last flight for the model. The USS Enterprise is now retired. I do not want to risk another flight. Thanks for all your support. See you on the next build.HPIM3162.jpgHPIM3170.jpg

Glad to hear the maiden flight was a success ,and does deserve an early retirement ,good show !

Take care

Paul T

Back