Bubba's Mini Honest John

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba02STi

Reaction score
This my LPR Estes Mini Honest John journal. In here you will find my build, flights and repairs. Ill try to keep the first post uptodate as possible.

Most Recent Flight Pic
Hojolaunch1.jpg

Rocket Status
Active

Flight Reports
Oct 7,2012
1 Flight A10-3T

Table of Contents
I encourage reading the entire thread but here are important parts of the thread

Build Posts
Rebuild #38

Repairs
N/A

Last edited:
Parts Inventory

20121004_174828.jpg

MMT Drying
20121004_182048.jpg

Assembled awaiting paint prep

20121004_182022.jpg

This kit was super easy to build... I am really looking forward to an upscale version

Ive heard about it being unstable quite a bit... so im gonna add some clay to it and see what happens.. this one i dont plan on flying too much... it us mire something for my sons room just like the mini max.

What? You don't fly Mini Max?

That is one of my fave rockets! Mini Max flies like a champ!

I just so happen to building one of those, too, except mine's gonna be an 18mm powered.

I usually buy the bulk-packs of motors, and have lots of 'A' motors left to use. That, and I only have one 13mm powered rocket.

I actually started this a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure I cut larger fins for it. I can't seem to find the originals from the kit to compare though.

Oh yea, I did a sim for it! View attachment Mini HoJo Estes.ork

Yes, those fins are definitely bigger. Must be; C6-7, 1.47Cal (with no nose weight), 1089ft :dark:

I really gotta finish that thing....

Good rocket, mine flew fine with the exception of the smallest recommended motors 1/2A3-2T. It's not enough power.

Good rocket, mine flew fine with the exception of the smallest recommended motors 1/2A3-2T. It's not enough power.

Same here, I am new at this but just looked underpowered. I was afraid to try again, but now I will try an A3-4T. It does look great on the shelf though.

1 flight, 1 motor, no mods of any kind.......not even nose weight, A10-3T, straight(!) up, perfect eject, straight down, no damage, 12' from the pad.

all she needs is clear coat... I am going to do the first launch without any nose weight on an a10-3 and go from there to decide if i want to add any or not..

20121006_151711.jpg

First flight of mine was earlier today. I added just a pinch of modeling clay in the nose. Flew straight up and ejected at apogee.

She flew once today on an a10-3t... she could use a bit of nose weight

Hojolaunch1.jpg

Latest posts

Back