just another newbie qestion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepe

Reaction score
I really love the x-10 express by Leading Edge and would like to find a similar looking rocket ,only larger (I really love the holes in the fins) What would be involved in reproducing the x-10 in a larger size .I would like to fly C and D size motors and think an X-10 of about 30 inches in height would be awesome. I've built 4 skill level 1 rockets so far and would like to up the challenge ,just a bit. Also,probably a real easy question for you folks but what is clustering of motors as opposed to stages? Thanks for your time

I wish you would post a pic so I would not have to go and search for one.

If I knew how I would .I know this is sad but I am useless with computers. I never needed to learn for work but it seems as though that now that I'm retired I should really go take a course at the local community college. Sorry about that

I apologize. I forget not everyone is 'puter savy.Your name should have gave me a clue. I should have looked at how many post you have.
I looked it up anyway, What a neat rocket. I hope you do an upscale.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one who likes the look of the X-10. An upscale would be my first choice .I'm going to start in that direction. Thanks for the feedback

That does look cool with the holes in the fins! Hope you do an upscale and post pics

pepe, clustering means you light all your motors (two or more) at once, while in staging the motors light one at a time!

Thanks all.I don't know if I'm skilled enough yet for this but I'm going to try.

Try not! Do, or not do. There is no try.

Seriously, good luck. Clustering is great fun and adds excitement.

One thought: make sure your first attempt uses engines powerful enough to launch safely even if one or more don't light. My first attempt was a Der Big Red Max on three A8-3s and only one lit. Rocket barely made it 15-20 feet up and landed near a crowd of onlookers. Not safe. Three C6-5 engines might have risked losing the rocket if all lit and the winds took it, but even one engine lighting would have taken the rocket away from the crowd a safe distance.

Thanks all.I don't know if I'm skilled enough yet for this but I'm going to try.

We're here to give you help, advice, encouragement and support. And even constructive criticism. This forum is where I learned 99% of my rocketry skills, and is the reason I got my Level 1 cert. There is an unbelievable amount of knowledge here, and a crapload of friendly, helpful people!

Back