Big rocket kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster2410

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know of a large model rocket kit? The bigger the better. I want something I can hang from my ceiling (Its a high ceiling). The longest I've seen was around 80 something inches, but its very thin. I'd like something that is also somewhat fat.
Anyone know of a kit I can build that may look cool hanging up?

I am not experienced enough to build from scratch, otherwise I'd post in in that forum. Looking for a kit with instructions. :p

A V2 from whats up hobbies, but that might be too big.

Wow, that thing is pretty awesome. . . lol It was my mistake though for not clarifying that I would like the biggest rocket available for around $100 +/-

If I lived closer to open land, like Eastern Washington, I'd have to put aside some money for that sucker, get my certs and launch that baby.

Take a look at the FlisKits Richter Recker

It's 96" tall and 2.217" in diameter using a 3X 24 mm cluster and weighs in at about 11 oz :)
Jim

If you are simply looking for something to display than I would indeed scratch build something. Get yourself some cheap 3" mailing tube, cut some fins from whatever you have handy (be it balsa or plywood) and tack them on with whatever glue you have handy, and throw an inexpensive 3" nose on the top. That is the cheapest way to get what you are after assuming that it is simply a hanging display piece.

With that said, Jim's Richter Recker is pretty cool.

Back