Is this a violation of the guy code?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this a violation of the guy code?

• Yes, your boss violated the guy code by hanging you to dry in a shameful way

• No, you got what you deserved

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure, but I would not use it against you wife to get rockets. I suspect that you wife is smart enough for that to backfire.

My wife is one smart cookie. Last year she was runner-up for best civilian instructor in the training command for the USAF.

She also got a trophy for being best at something else, but we really don't know what. We came back from vacation and she had a trophy on her desk at work. No explanation from her boss, no congratulations, no letter telling her what the trophy is for, just a trophy for being the best... at something. :bangpan:

Someone help me out here -- what exactly is the "guy code" that is being mentioned here? I don't think I ever received that handout in class.

Hence the famous quote, "A woman will marry a man hoping he will change, but he doesn't. A man will marry a woman hoping she won't change, but she does."

For the record this may not apply to everyone but it's famous nonetheless.

Wives should never try to change the way their Husbands are.
The only one who will appreciate this will be his next Wife!:wink:

Evil Ed:dark:

Someone help me out here -- what exactly is the "guy code" that is being mentioned here? I don't think I ever received that handout in class.

The guy code consits of many different unspoken rules of acceptible behaviors. For instance, when using a urinal in public bathroom,you always leave a one urinal space between you and one that is being used by another. If this is not possible and you have to pick one right next another being used there should be no eye contact, there should be no conversation, this may be optional when around some one you know, but even then eyes should be kept in the forward position. There are many others and situations will dictate any possible changes. Women have the same thing. Women seriously check each other out, what there wearing, thier makeup, shoes, ect. Haven't you seen the comertial for the hearing aid where the two girls are sitting by the pool and the hotty walks by and the two start talking how fabulous she looks and what a hot body she has? You will never see two hetrosexual males checking out some guy walking by and commenting on what a tight butt he has and cute his shoes are.

Hope this was helpful.

OK, the example that you cited in the restroom -- I knew that one. But I don't get the impression that it was what Jupiter-feline was talking about.

One rule of the "guy code"...aka "man Law" don't ever date a buddy's ex...another is...don't take the last beer if it's not yours...and a third....treat a woman like you'd like your mom or sister to be treated whenever possible

One rule of the "guy code"...aka "man Law" don't ever date a buddy's ex...another is...don't take the last beer if it's not yours...and a third....treat a woman like you'd like your mom or sister to be treated whenever possible
Been married for 36 years, and any exes that any of my buddies had were long ago and far away ... I don't drink beer very often, but since I'm the only one in the house who even drinks it at all, any that happen to be around are mine anyway. No one I know ever stores their beer in my fridge, and when I am visiting someone else, any beer that I am drinking was given to me by the host. I don't know when the sort of situation that you describe would ever come up; I doubt that I have ever encountered it ... Mom is long gone, and the one woman that I see most often after my wife actually is my sister.

Last edited:
I still think that Zeus-cat's boss was just messing with him a little bit and I wouldn't take it any more seriously than that. IOW, no violation of any "man code" occurred because the situation never came close to that level. I don't know any guy whose self-image as a man was so fragile that he would feel the slightest bit threatened by a casual remark like that. I doubt that anyone I know would even specifically remember it the next day and I doubt that Zeus-cat's boss or his co-worker could even recall it now. What they no doubt do remember is the overall positive experience that they had when they visited him and his cordiality toward them. If I was Zeus-cat, I would definitely put this visit in the "win" column.

Last edited:
I still think that Zeus-cat's boss was just messing with him a little bit and I wouldn't take it any more seriously than that. IOW, no violation of any "man code" occurred because the situation never came close to that level. I don't know any guy whose self-image as a man was so fragile that he would feel the slightest bit threatened by a casual remark like that. I doubt that anyone I know would even specifically remember it the next day and I doubt that Zeus-cat's boss or his co-worker could even recall it now. What they no doubt do remember is the overall positive experience that they had when they visited him and his cordiality toward them. If I was Zeus-cat, I would definitely put this visit in the "win" column.

Well said sir, my thoughts exactly. My boss and Miss N moved on to Indiana the next day to visit the next guy. When they arrived they asked him if he was going to launch rockets for them. He is not into rocketry, but he did get them a personalized tour of the Studebaker museum. They really enjoyed that too.

My intent on this thread was to have a little fun. I hope no one took it too seriously, as I didn't. The fact that my boss mentioned the rocket launch to the Indiana guy tells me it was a memorable experience for them.

You are lucky he didn't fire you on the spot for taking him out to play with your little toys.

Well said sir, my thoughts exactly. My boss and Miss N moved on to Indiana the next day to visit the next guy. When they arrived they asked him if he was going to launch rockets for them. He is not into rocketry, but he did get them a personalized tour of the Studebaker museum. They really enjoyed that too.

My intent on this thread was to have a little fun. I hope no one took it too seriously, as I didn't. The fact that my boss mentioned the rocket launch to the Indiana guy tells me it was a memorable experience for them.
You obviously made a good impression with him. I am still just blown away by the fact that you showed him your rockets and launched some for him, and that he liked it. With every boss that I ever had, doing anything like that would have been career suicide. You must have charmed the heck out of both of them.

Last edited:
Back