rocket holderat launch site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatMat

Reaction score
So my boys who are five and seven and i have 7 rockets now. No matter where i lay them on the ground the kids seem to want walk on them. What do you do with your rockets in the field? I was thinking of a 2"x3"x2ft or something. And drilling it and inserting different size dowls so that i can put the rockets on the dowls through the motor mounts until its time to load the rocket for its flight.

So my boys who are five and seven and i have 7 rockets now. No matter where i lay them on the ground the kids seem to want walk on them. What do you do with your rockets in the field? I was thinking of a 2"x3"x2ft or something. And drilling it and inserting different size dowls so that i can put the rockets on the dowls through the motor mounts until its time to load the rocket for its flight.

That sounds like it would work fine. I'm working on something similar, but with PVC pipe.
Or, if you want an easier solution, just set your rockets on a small card table.

I currently pull a (old person wire cart) with a few chairs, a small folding table which is like 1ftx1ftto wide to use to reload the chutes and sit controller on. And we carry our rockets and a box of supplies. I cant carry a larger table. I was also thinking a pvc idea. What are you using to hold the rockets on?

I made one up with 3/4" pvc. It is for 24mm. and up mmt's but using 1/2" would allow for 18mm. mmt's. I used pvc T's and a length of pvc to hold the rockets.

Rocket stand 2.jpg

I made one up with 3/4" pvc. It is for 24mm. and up mmt's but using 1/2" would allow for 18mm. mmt's. I used pvc T's and a length of pvc to hold the rockets.

Wow! Mine looks almost exactly like that except the joints for setting the rockets on are staggered. And I thought I was being original! I wholeheartedly endorse such holder!

What I do is take my old motor casings and drill them into a piece of wood. A small hole in the side of the casing accepts the engine hook.

The board with dowels idea only works when there's no wind. They tend to tip. The plastic box w/peanuts is a great idea. The problem only gets worse. My boys now wear 14 and 13-1/2 sized shoes (14 and 17).

Nesting stakeable vertical rocket holder/carriers.
Can be made from a single 1"x3"x96" and one-1/2" x 48" hardwood dowel, a few #8 X 1-1/4" Wood screws and 2- 10-24 or 1/4-20 x 2" machine screws, washers & wing wing nuts. the swing out extending feet make these 8 model racks extreamly stable and can be Staked down if your feeling the days breezes may become stronger. Once two or three are nested together staking becomes less important but is a good idea to stake the outside legs (4 stakes) if your field is subject to high wind gusts. Individually the will hold models from Mosquitos to Mean Machines and everything in between having a 13 to 24mm motor mount. I also have adaptors that will allow smaller 10.5 and MMX motor mount models as well as 29mm.

Some years back I made 10 that can be nested into units of up to 6 rack sets, each set requiring only 4 stakes to hold the entire display during the highest on field gusty conditions.

With the feet retraced they can be slide into my van loaded or with the feet left out but loose can be engaged and slide into a interlocking position making the entire mat stable for the ride to the field.

Trans-Display rack-d_4 nesting_07-22-04.jpg

Last edited:
Back