There is no shortage of APCP hobby rocket motors!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
There is no shortage of APCP hobby rocket motors!

It's time to end the false rumors that there is a shortage of APCP hobby rocket motors.

1. CTI hobby rocket motor production has not been interrupted by the unfortunate accident in their high volume military/commercial production line which is located in a completely separate building from their hobby rocket motor production line which was not unaffected. CTI's statement to this effect is posted in the following link so it couldn't be clearer. https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-and-Well-Wishes-thread&p=1577554#post1577554
  2. AT has not slowed down hobby rocket motor production, and they have been introducing a number of new products. as illustrated in the Vendor forum posts and their advertising.
  3. Loki Research is manufacturing and expanding their product line of reloads for snap ring cases.

Stop spreading false rumors and launch rockets! Unless the vendors themselves are spreading false information. There should be no shortage of rocket motors.

I removed the replies. This is information only. I will email each manufacturer and ask for an official statement that can be released.

1 of 3 have responded. I will try and call tomorrow if there is no response.

AT is one response "Not sure where this came from but AT is good to go. I hope this clears things up a bit. Feel free to post this as our official response."

Chuck

Ok, I have been contact by multiple vendors. 5 of 8 vendors have said they have been told by CTI that their orders will be delayed. Several have said they have been told there is a production delay. We have reached out to CTI for an official statement. No word yet.

Quote from Loki: "Loki Research has been in full production and is shipping larger and more frequent orders out to dealers this year. As demand for Loki Research products continues its rapid growth, I am looking to hire additional help to keep up with the increase in production and the addition of seven more reloads that are soon to be certified."

Folks.

Get off Chuck's back. He asked me what I knew about the "shortage of hobby rocket motors" situation, and his post above was based on my comments based on my knowledge of hobby rocket market resulting from my involvement in the motor certification testing community for the various manufacturers.

What is stated above concerning CTI is fact: The hobby rocket motor production line at CTI was not damaged in the accident. The accident occurred in a much larger commercial rocket motor manufacturing facility located in an entirely difference building on the property, however this was the first propellant accident in the 32 year history of CTI, and the accident was traumatic for the employees at CTI.

I spoke with Anthony on Friday but at this time, CTI is not allowed to comment about the incident until the investigations are complete, so that's all the information that can be released at the present time.

Edit. See CTI's announcement at https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?134358-Official-CTI-Statement-on-Motor-Production

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back