(2) F-104 Builds one mild and one wild

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you`re still doing things up in you`re usual perfect fashion !!

Always did love looking at your builds, and I see you still have the touch !!!

Nice work as always mister !

Sincerely

Paul T

To Paul and Sam, Thanks ! It really is not one of my better builds. It was fun but sort of spur of the moment so it became a Fox on the run build. A lot had to happen in a short time period so planning went out the door. That said, I really enjoyed the challenge. Thanks Dan , for giving me a shot at this. In a couple weeks we'll see if the bird has wings. I gotta tell ya, it was nice to sink my teeth into something that I call special . Just about everything was a challenge along the way. Thank you again to Mark for the decals--outstanding as always! Geese, I sound like a NASCAR driver! I have to admit, it was a fun build and I hope I'm not taping ballast on the nose---that would suck--I'll get a couple more pics out in a couple of days for scale/size purposes--- Dan, it's your turn now when you have time ,later--- H

To Paul and Sam, Thanks ! It really is not one of my better builds. It was fun but sort of spur of the moment so it became a Fox on the run build. A lot had to happen in a short time period so planning went out the door. That said, I really enjoyed the challenge. Thanks Dan , for giving me a shot at this. In a couple weeks we'll see if the bird has wings. I gotta tell ya, it was nice to sink my teeth into something that I call special . Just about everything was a challenge along the way. Thank you again to Mark for the decals--outstanding as always! Geese, I sound like a NASCAR driver! I have to admit, it was a fun build and I hope I'm not taping ballast on the nose---that would suck--I'll get a couple more pics out in a couple of days for scale/size purposes--- Dan, it's your turn now when you have time ,later--- H

My contract ends Friday...so I'll pick it up. I have a lot stuff going on so hang in there

Here's some pics of the completed rocket. Sorry about the poor lighting ! This should give you a good idea of the size of the project . It's not small by any measure.--20160802_225832.jpg20160802_225851.jpg20160802_225914.jpg20160802_225935.jpg I'll order the chute in a couple days and with any luck in a couple weeks we'll launch-----more later --H

Goodness, that is bigger than I imagined it to be. I was thinking it was near half that size. Both models are beautiful :wink:.

This might be of interest--[video=youtube;eB8l_fCKDSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB8l_fCKDSw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB8l_fCKDSw[/video]

Just a quick update--the weather has been in the tank the last couple of weeks. It seems to be breaking now. I'm going later this week to scout a friends property in Celina--we'll see!--H

Back