Heaven's got a good band in the making this year

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfaBrewer

Reaction score
Vocals - David Bowie
Guitar - Prince
Bass - Lemmy (I know he actually died late last year. Work with me.)
Drums - this spot is yet to be filled

Drummers who have recently been made available: Dale Griffin and Jason Mackenroth. Take your pick.

He was only 56. Yikes, I'm 57. Double yikes.

My dad pass at 59 and I'm 60 with many of the same problems he had....except I've never smoked and he did from the time he was 11 years old. He grew up in the South in the 1940's....

Oh man,,
This is just unreal already...

Please keep him and comfort him...

Teddy

It was late last year too, but Chris Squire (Yes) was arguably the best rock bass player ever. Certainly the most creative... listen to "Fish Out of Water". Breathtaking.

He was definitely in the top couple or three of best ever bassists.

Most creative, I'd probably go with Les Claypool.

Gotta put Geddy Lee is in the conversation as well. All unique. For so many bands, bass is an afterthought; I love it when the bassist plays it like a lead instrument.

I have spent a lot of time and energy learning bass. Rush is my all time favorite band. Geddy is a unique player, and at one time or other I have learned almost every Rush song. Great player.

Learned a lot of Yes too Chris Squire was a fine player.

Learned lots of Who songs- Entwhistle was the original aggressive bassist in a rock setting.

Seriously though, if we are talking the best rock bassist the conversation really probably stops with Billy Sheehan. He could take the aforementioned guys to the woodshed from a purely chops standpoint.

Then let's not forget the non rock/ jazz/ fusions guys. Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorious, Michael Manring, Bunny Brunel, Dave Larue, Stu Hamm. I could go on.

Gotta put Geddy Lee is in the conversation as well. All unique. For so many bands, bass is an afterthought; I love it when the bassist plays it like a lead instrument.

I have spent a lot of time and energy learning bass. Rush is my all time favorite band. Geddy is a unique player, and at one time or other I have learned almost every Rush song. Great player.

You guys fans of Max Webster?

Learned a lot of Yes too Chris Squire was a fine player.

Learned lots of Who songs- Entwhistle was the original aggressive bassist in a rock setting.

Seriously though, if we are talking the best rock bassist the conversation really probably stops with Billy Sheehan. He could take the aforementioned guys to the woodshed from a purely chops standpoint.

Then let's not forget the non rock/ jazz/ fusions guys. Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorious, Michael Manring, Bunny Brunel, Dave Larue, Stu Hamm. I could go on.

I'd take Victor Wooten above all of them.

Victor is great. Just no Marcus Miller- just a stylistic thing for me.

You ever hear Brian Bromberg?

No way Victor is better than Stan.

And let's not forget Glenn Frey, man this is gonna be one hell of a band. And if they need a female singer, as of February Vanity became available. Just heard that yesterday when they were talking about Prince. oddly she passed at 57 as well.

Glenn

Back