Aerotech RMS ejection caps

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Are people using these red caps? I can't break my habit of using the paper sticker and a couple strips of masking tape.

1457312616875.jpg

I use them, but when there is a baffle in the rocket (MPR or LPR) I use tape instead, just in case they might break the baffle as some people have reported them capable of doing.

I use them, but when there is a baffle in the rocket (MPR or LPR) I use tape instead, just in case they might break the baffle as some people have reported them capable of doing.

Yes, I can attest to them breaking baffles, at least ones made of balsa. I had an Estes Executioner set up as an anti-zipper, and used the coupler as a baffle. Lesson learned, but at least it was removable and easily replaced. I made another one with basswood and haven't had any problems since.

Yes, I can attest to them breaking baffles, at least ones made of balsa. I had an Estes Executioner set up as an anti-zipper, and used the coupler as a baffle. Lesson learned, but at least it was removable and easily replaced. I made another one with basswood and haven't had any problems since.

I usually use 1/8" ply in my MPR baffles and put a dowel down the center of all three plates (half moon style baffle) for the screw eye.

I don't use baffles, the rubber caps are real easy. I put them in even when I don't put in the BP, such as the 38mm J's where the delay may be too short and I'm using electronic deployment. I wish the bigger DMS motors had longer delays, say 20 seconds that you could drill down. 14 seconds is great for the G80, no so good for the K535.

I use the red cap on MPR 24mm and 29mm. I was surprised to see a bigger red cap in the 29mm and 38mm HPR reloads (it has been a while). Aerotech still provides the old school paper disk sticker, of which I am familiar.

I like the caps, never liked the paper disk. No way I would trust the disk alone without tape. The cap is a nobrainer. Just put the powder in and cap it. Simple.

Back