SCF data reset

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
I got the Perfectflite DT4U cable a few days ago and love it so far.

However, I do not see a data reset function on the StratologgerCF or through the data application? I looked through the manual and searched here, but not seeing any options. If missing it is going to be hard for me to remember what is what!

What are you trying to accomplish? There's no such thing as a "data reset" in their vernacular. Please explain what you want to do.

There doesn't seem to be a way to clear previous flights, but when you download, the latest flight is marked, so there's no way to get confused. I usually download the altimeter every one or two flights.

What are you trying to accomplish? There's no such thing as a "data reset" in their vernacular. Please explain what you want to do.

I want to clear previous flights, possibly revert to factory fresh settings. Other flight computers allow this.

I've never touched the settings on any of mine, and the field settings for deployment altitude are pretty straightforward, so I've never missed the capability to reset.

you get to pick what you want! I think it is originally 400 feet, but don't quote me. My Wildman JR is set for 200 feet, mostly because it's the lowest possible setting.....

you get to pick what you want! I think it is originally 400 feet, but don't quote me. My Wildman JR is set for 200 feet, mostly because it's the lowest possible setting.....

Default is program #3, apogee drogue and 700 foot main. I am not sure why that is program #3 and not #0 or #1, but it certainly works.

dixontj93060 said:
I don't think you can do this with Strataloggers.

Yes, sure is looking that way. Too bad, that simple feature seriously helps the work flow when heading out to Black Rock for a week. Conditions can be such that you may not even want to have a laptop there, let alone out and in use between each flight. When piecing data together after flying like that, any mnemonic helps, even something as simple as knowing the memory was blank at the beginning of the week.

When piecing data together after flying like that, any mnemonic helps...
Again, it tells you what the last flight was, so you can just count backwards from that assuming you can remember what order you flew in and how many flights you made. I write down the altitudes of each flight on a piece of paper in the field. Crude, I know.

I write down the altitudes of each flight on a piece of paper in the field. Crude, I know.

I've always been told, you can't be a Rocket Scientist if you don't take notes! The secret is taking the right/enough notes. The older I get the more important that becomes because details seem to slip away.......

Again, it tells you what the last flight was, so you can just count backwards from that assuming you can remember what order you flew in and how many flights you made. I write down the altitudes of each flight on a piece of paper in the field. Crude, I know.

I totally get that, and it definitely does help. However what I am trying to say is that after a week of questionable conditions, even knowing the flight number for certain helps.

Also, what if I am selling my used SCF to a friend? It may not be super sensitive private data, but still it sure is nice to make it look like it came from the vendor.

Latest posts

Back