Looking Forward To North Koreas "Space Launch"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
North Korea claims it may launch a rocket into space!:lol:

If it makes it up there, it will likely collide with space junk and cause a whole host of problems or take out the ISS.
In my opinion anyway.;)

A good opportunity to test the 747 with the laser.
Zap it as it lifts off to incinerate the whole facility.

M

What's the difference between an I.C.B.M.
and a rocket intended to carry men to space / orbit ???

One has a few seats in the top compartment......

Teddy

So these were/are I.C.B.M.'s????

Skylab_launch_on_Saturn_V.jpg

Apollo-Saturn%2BAS-203%2BLaunch%2B%252807-05-1966%2529.jpg

spacexx.jpg

516733main_jsc2011e016539_1600_428-3211.jpg

Probably so. But, they weren’t the only ones…..

1720067_orig.gif

dnews-files-2014-03-vanguard-670x440-140317-jpg.jpg

UPDATE - North Korea launched it. ISS is still there…..

https://www.cnn.com/2016/02/06/asia/north-korea-rocket-launch-window/

South Korea said the rocket was launched around 9:30 a.m. local time (7:30 p.m. ET) and the rocket headed south. A senior U.S. official said the launch was to the south over the Yellow Sea.

"Based upon its trajectory, it was determined that it did not pose a threat to the U.S. or our allies," the official said. "The launch vehicle appears to have reached space."

Last edited:
BTW - Here's a...... I dunno what kind of person ..... who posted this about 24 hours ago on the interwebz, as the hysteria about the then upcoming North Korea launch was building:

Somebody needs to find out we're dentists Rodman is that is he going to be in all around the Super Bowl this weekend if it is not when it may be set up for a nuclear attack when did a really watch that song will bit see if we can't knock it down on the free entry

I would hope that was a person who was smarter than that, who wrote it as satire to make fun of things. If so, it's a bit funny and a lot sad that it is so hard to tell.

But I have read dumber things by people who definitely were not kidding. So if that was serious, it's just really sad. :(

Last edited:
Didn't they do an underground "test" of some kind of atom/hydro/nuc warhead recently? Not a good combo. Also, does their "launch" violate UN sanctions or agreements? Soon Iran will he launching "rockets".

Looks like they actually got something into a polar orbit with a period of about 93 minutes.

Back