Binder Design Excelerator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm slowly going insane here in China without a rocket to build. I do have some hope however... My Co-Worker only just found an online retailer that has rockets, and unfortunately for me, due to the holiday (Spring Festival/Chinese New Year), they're closed for two weeks. Also... they apparently only have two styles of rockets similar to the Estes Wizard. I can say though, that it's more than what I've been able to find here on my own.

What I'm really hoping to do though, is pick up one of Mike's Excelerator kits. It's OOP, but he said he could kit one up for me.

After reading about the NXRS rockets, I'm wondering if I really want to go the 75mm route, or tone it down to the 54mm version (sourcing materials is kind of frustrating here). In the mean time, I've been playing with OR some more, and here's what I managed to come up with...

Mind you I'm not going for the stock appearance...

excelerator.jpg

Image credit: Binder Design

And for giggles (actually for a challenge put to me by SpaceManMat), I have this cutaway view, and "Exploded View".

Now I just need to get the hours so I can afford it (and the shipping).

Oh, if you downloaded the .ork file for the Excelerator before, please note that I monkeyed (Chinese New Year joke) up the location of the AV Bay's aft bulkheads and screw eye location. Those errors have been corrected in the file linked to below.

Attachments

• Binder Design 4inch Excelerator (Dual Deploy, 75mm Powered).ork
    42 KB · Views: 11
  • Binder Design 4inch Excelerator (Dual Deploy, 75mm Powered) Exploded.ork
    3.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Cool thread! Can't wait to see it.

Oh, if you downloaded the .ork file for the Excelerator before, please note that I monkeyed (Chinese New Year joke) up the location of the AV Bay's aft bulkheads and screw eye location. Those errors have been corrected in the file linked to below.

Funny enough we just went over that in Chinese class yesterday..... ;)

Thanks Matt,

Can't wait to start it for myself.

On a related note, I've been playing with OR since I've got lots of time for the next 2 weeks... I tweaked the exploded view, and came up with this:

[EDIT] then I played some more and came up with this:

I spent a little more time on the editing in Paint on the last one. The numbers I've got visible are from the actual rocket's .ork and not the exploded view.

View attachment Binder Design 4inch Excelerator (Dual Deploy, 75mm Powered) Exploded II.ork

View attachment Binder Design 4inch Excelerator (Dual Deploy, 75mm Powered) Exploded III.ork

Last edited:
Back