Adhesion Promoter Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calambert

Reaction score
I have 3 coats of Dupli-Color gray primer put down on the BT and I'm ready to spray the first coat of white primer over it. The plastic white fins were masked off during the gray application, but I plan to spray them with the white primer coat. Do I need to mask the BT to spray adhesion promoter on the plastic fins before primer? Or, can I just spray the adhesion promoter on the fins and try to avoid getting any of it on the body tube? (You just know it's unavoidable, but I'm not sure if it matters.

Overspray shouldn't hurt the primer especially if it is a lacquer base. Even so it should be OK. Remember the adhesion promoter is only lightly applied.

Just spray it and feather the edges carefully, no masking required. The coat of white primer that you put on will smooth everything out

While on the subject, does one normally sand a ployS. NC before using adhesion spray?

While on the subject, does one normally sand a ployS. NC before using adhesion spray?

I sand using 150, and sand well, then I apply adhesion promoter, then filler primer, work out imperfections sand to 400 wet then apply base, clear etc.

Possibly not necessary but I hate it when the paint comes off the nose tip, which I find easy happens if I don't roughly sand on plastic nosecones.

Plus why do something when you can always over do it ;)

Back