Too Good not to share....................

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't watch at work. Could someone say what this is about so that I can bookmark it for home if I'm interested? Thanks.

Can't watch at work. Could someone say what this is about so that I can bookmark it for home if I'm interested? Thanks.

Just a pretty good video response to the current YouTube rage, that NASA is lying about its space program (which allegedly doesn't exist) and the earth is not a sphere but flat.

Don't be surprised if you begin to hear that some people want a flat earth alternative taught in school, along with creationism - because I've seen it stated that way by a rather strange minority that seems to be gathering momentum courtesy online networking. I have no problem if people believe in creation/intelligent design. But Flat Earth and NASA and Apollo astronauts being a bunch of liers founded by Nazis...well, that's something else entirely.

Look at the like and dislikes on this video...disturbingly neck and neck...I say log on and vote this video UP!

Last edited:
Will do. As a Bible-believing Christian and creationist, I find the flat-earth people to be insane, unfounded, and even dangerous. I'm sure that's how evolutionists feel about me, though.

I really think NASA just needs to gather all of them up (or at least the most vocal of them), put them on a rocket, and take them into orbit. Then they can drop this whole thing, and go back to saying that the US government masterminded 9-11. :facepalm:

I really think NASA just needs to gather all of them up (or at least the most vocal of them), put them on a rocket, and take them into orbit. Then they can drop this whole thing, and go back to saying that the US government masterminded 9-11. :facepalm:

I sincerely think that doing so won't achieve much.. they believe, and will force the fact to bend to their beliefs. And that Mr. Kubrick was (now Mr. Spielberg) is behind the grand charade..

Beyond seeing the pile of evidence against the flat earthers, this video is awesome just from the visual standpoint. I have never seen so many different videos of different space flights in one video. Thanks for posting it.

I read that stuff for about five minutes and now I am completely bald (pulled out all my hair).

I read that stuff for about five minutes and now I am completely bald (pulled out all my hair).

I can understand that.
If you delve into this stuff online, you are in danger of falling down a deep rabbit hole.
I got into a discussion last year with a couple of people that said the moon landings were fake, because no one can get past the Van Allen belts, and that's why the Soviets never went to the moon.

So I posted links to the Soviet N-1 and lunar lander, and info on the four N-1 launch failures that resulted in the Soviets abandoning their manned moon program in 1972.
Obviously the Soviets were not concerned about the van Allen Belts.

So they told me that the Soviets were in on the hoax as well, and it was all hype, and even the cold war was fake.
Right, - the cold war that some of them say was the reason NASA did this fake moon landing Psy Ops - to win the "cold war" that wasn't real...??
In order to make any sense of their conspiracy theories the plot just has to get bigger and bigger...to the extent now everything about space missions is fake, the ISS, the Mars rover, the whole thing.
These people will argue that rockets cannot work in a vacuum so all of the NASA and other countries space programs are false, and no one has ever been in space. Ever.

One of them said I was probably stupid enough to believe superman flies because I saw that on TV too.
So I told this dork that I believe in Antartica - and I've only seen that on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZlR7JLjuE

[video=youtube;FmZlR7JLjuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZlR7JLjuE[/video]

Last edited:
Its kinda scary to think people like this even exist in this modern world. I've learned long ago you can't talk reasonably with people of extreme view - they are open-minded to anything other than what they believe.

These are a sort out there who decide on a belief and no amount of observation, evidence, or reasoning will change it. I wonder what event in their life enabled this mindset? Seems rather sad. Not even interesting to debate with them...

Its kinda scary to think people like this even exist in this modern world. I've learned long ago you can't talk reasonably with people of extreme view - they are open-minded to anything other than what they believe.

Um, I think you meant closed-minded, no?

A good friend of mine doesn't believe that we landed on the moon. He isn't a flat earther or anything like that, but he just thinks that we launched, orbited for the duration of the "supposed" mission, then landed with lots of good stories. He believes that a human can't survive outside the Van Allen belt, so it just didn't happen. Some equipment may have gone and come back, but no human did.

Another friend has a view that they didn't get all the footage that they needed on the moon, so they created supplemental footage at home. It seems plausible, except that you'd have to wait until you got home for your "created" footage to match what actually happened, and you wouldn't have much time to get a TON of details right.

A good friend of mine doesn't believe that we landed on the moon. He isn't a flat earther or anything like that, but he just thinks that we launched, orbited for the duration of the "supposed" mission, then landed with lots of good stories. He believes that a human can't survive outside the Van Allen belt, so it just didn't happen. Some equipment may have gone and come back, but no human did.

Another friend has a view that they didn't get all the footage that they needed on the moon, so they created supplemental footage at home. It seems plausible, except that you'd have to wait until you got home for your "created" footage to match what actually happened, and you wouldn't have much time to get a TON of details right.

I know a moon guy, too. To my way of looking at it, you need to accept the majority opinion unless you have facts to the contrary. They claim to have facts, but every one of their "facts" can be disproved. The same guy believes that the world bank controls the world, that 9-11 was an inside job, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't even remember. Sad.

Is there a recent surge in flat earth bozos or what? I never thought the notion needed or historically received this much attention.

I remember the 'Mythbusters' episode, where they debunked a bunch of lunar myths..

My favorite is the 'waving flag' when they planted it. "Look, the flag is waving when they plant it, clearly there is an air conditioner vent above it [to keep the actors cool in their suits] making the flag wave!!!!" Uhm no...

I recently saw Elvis sipping espresso at a Starbucks. He had it loaded with whipped cream. :surprised:

Will do. As a Bible-believing Christian and creationist, I find the flat-earth people to be insane, unfounded, and even dangerous. I'm sure that's how evolutionists feel about me, though.

As a strongly secular person, not Atheist but deeply agnostic, I do consider flat-Earthers and bible-creation-literalists (world ~6000 years old) to be both adopting viewpoints so far from my own that I simply can't grasp how they can hold those views. BUT: I've had more interesting conversations and learned more from people who hold views different from my own than from people that think like I do. The world is a better place for the variety that all of us individuals bring, and there is great beauty in the diversity of thought that individuals bring. It's our nature (be it evolved or God-given) to hold different points of view. I look at myself and how pro-Atari anti-Apple II I was in my youth... wow... why should it matter so much? Now I'm pro Android anti iOS, but based on specific functional differences and I no longer ascribe "religious war" vehemence to these kinds of things.

There's room for all of us on this planet (whether one thinks the planet is a sphere or a disc... either way works!). Peace all.

Marc

Back