Eggtimer TRS Mounting

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldAmber

Reaction score
Hello,
I just picked up an Eggtimer TRS and am wondering how to go about mounting it. I read online that you can't put it in the av bay with the rest of your electronics, so is mounting it into the nosecone the only way? Anyone have any ideas on where to put it?

TRS goes in AV bay if you are using it for DD. Eggfinder TX can go in NC. Which do you have, the Eggfinder TRS or the Eggfinder TX? Big difference between the two.

TRS goes in AV bay if you are using it for DD. Eggfinder TX can go in NC. Which do you have, the Eggfinder TRS or the Eggfinder TX? Big difference between the two.

I have the TRS, so if I understand correctly this does go into my av bay?

Yea but you have to keep the antenna away from the all thread. There's a few options too. One is that you can get an extension antenna wire and route a rubber duck thru the bulk head.

Here's some photos that may help. The rubber duck antenna is wrapped in Kevlar shock cord.ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1450145210.429783.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1450145224.835657.jpg

Back