Rocketry Warehouse Big Black Friday Sale Anouncement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to put one of my last Kosdon I560s in the Mongoose 29, but it's going to pull about 120 Gs off the pad. Think my electronics will survive?

I want to put one of my last Kosdon I560s in the Mongoose 29, but it's going to pull about 120 Gs off the pad. Think my electronics will survive?

Wow I wish those were still available... I'm going to cut mine down to the absolute minimum and make the fins smaller, my current openrocket file shows 173 G's on the I560 :) Interestingly though the CTI I243 that I am designing around goes higher and faster, I guess due to it being significantly shorter and lighter but with only slightly less impulse. Pulls less than half the G's though!

Wow I wish those were still available... I'm going to cut mine down to the absolute minimum and make the fins smaller, my current openrocket file shows 173 G's on the I560 :) Interestingly though the CTI I243 that I am designing around goes higher and faster, I guess due to it being significantly shorter and lighter but with only slightly less impulse. Pulls less than half the G's though!

Give Ken Allen a call...

That terminator 5 looks real slick. Unfortunately it's going to have to wait. Maybe next time...

I couldn't pass that deal up. I really like the design. Anyone have a RockSim or Openrocket file for this bird? I would love to run some sims to see how this would fly on some larger 54mm K motors. If I can get 2K to 3K that would suit me fine (after going for my L3).

Totally cool man. Where will this take place? I'd love to see it. If you can, document the I560 by taking pictures of the reload and hardware (in case it's lost...). There's a few of us Kosdon geeks out there that love these motors, whether flying or not :).

I couldn't pass that deal up. I really like the design. Anyone have a RockSim or Openrocket file for this bird? I would love to run some sims to see how this would fly on some larger 54mm K motors. If I can get 2K to 3K that would suit me fine (after going for my L3).

There's just no room for it at my house, and my wallet would really hate me.

But I'd love to see it go together. Good luck with it.

Totally cool man. Where will this take place? I'd love to see it. If you can, document the I560 by taking pictures of the reload and hardware (in case it's lost...). There's a few of us Kosdon geeks out there that love these motors, whether flying or not :).

Probably at the Friends of Amateur Rocketry site near Mojave, CA, but possibly at BALLS if decertified reloads are allowed at research launches.

We would like to thank everyone for the incredible turnout this year, and remind those who have not made their purchases that the sale ends tomorrow at noon (12 EST)

Thank You
Sales Dept

RW, any idea when the smaller quantities of proline 4500 will be available?

Tried to resist but couldn't. Got a Mongoose 75FG. I don't even have a plan to build it or get my L3. I'm so pathetic. Must shelve it while I finish three other projects. Well four projects because I also bought the metals for the EX motors I'm going to stuff in that 48" booster. And the boat. Must fix the dang boat and sell it. And the linoleum in the laundry room. Looking like a 2017 build.

Last edited:
Just curious, but have folks started receiving their orders yet?

Thanks!
Erik

Not yet for me. I suspect they are REALLY backlogged though! Thankfully my build pile is deep :)

I ordered a Terminator 5 the week before Black Friday (11/20), and haven't heard anything yet.

Honestly though, I ordered on the 14th. I made sure that all items were in stock. Nothing. No email, no reply to emails, nothing. It shouldn't take it that long to send out pre-BF in stock items. Oh and before anyone says anything, it was all to be shipped to a US address.

I ordered some stuff Sat.(two days ago) and got a notice today it shipped. Weird thing is I haven't heard a word on my BF purchases.

I ordered some stuff Sat.(two days ago) and got a notice today it shipped. Weird thing is I haven't heard a word on my BF purchases.

Lucky you, I placed an order the day before Black Friday and it hasn't shipped yet. However, I did order on Black Friday too and even a small order on Saturday that I forgot to order Friday, so hopefully they will all ship together and save me money on shipping.

Given some of the feedback from other Black Friday sale vendors, I'm sure he's swamped with orders to make-up, package, and ship. I have seen progress with my orders made 11/21 & 11/27 as my credit card was just charged a few days ago. So I suspect the shipping process is now moving forward...

RW did note here on 11/27, "Remember please be patient as this will take several weeks to process all of these orders.
We should have everything out in time for Christmas, but if it is important please note that in the comments."

Last edited:
I ordered a Terminator 5 the week before Black Friday (11/20), and haven't heard anything yet.

Same here. When I login to see status it still says "waiting for CC processing" I emailed to make sure they were not having any issues charging my card but no reply still after 3 days. I know they are busy but I hope all is ok.

...Fudd

Same here. When I login to see status it still says "waiting for CC processing" I emailed to make sure they were not having any issues charging my card but no reply still after 3 days. I know they are busy but I hope all is ok.

...Fudd

They won't charge card until they ship.

It seems that there were some problems with the order system. I got emails that arrived after I posted indicating that the order has been shipped. Some glitch held my order in a pending state and it didn't ship as a result.
All good now. Maybe other orders will be stuck and can be released now. In any case, I did get an answer to my email. The glitch and the busy time contributed to the delay.
Thanks R-W!

I believe the glitch was only in the email server. I got an email yesterday about my order shipping, only it was an order I already received. The email was stuck in the server.

Back