Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

PML's HAMR Motor Retainer Questions.

I'm working on an upscale of the Estes Goblin, and I've got a PML HAMR Motor Retainer... Somewhere in here. Problem is I can't find it for now.

I know that it only needs 3/8" of exposed motor tube to attach to. So, that's not a problem. What I don't know is how much does it add to the length of the rocket (with and without motor installed). I'm hoping to be able to have a reloadable motor casing installed (forget about the nozzle for now) and still allow the rocket to sit on all four fins.

Thanks!
    Jim

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

NAR L1 Cert flight: Sheridan, Oregon, USA. Sept. 19, 2015. Flew Deep Space OFFl on an I357T-14A Blue Thunder

You didn't mention the motor size; I only have one in 54mm.

My measurements:

without ring, no motor - .75"
    with ring no motor - .855"
    with ring, AT casing - .881"

You caught me just in time; it's getting glued into a 4" photon disruptor today!

Doh! 38mm
    Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

NAR L1 Cert flight: Sheridan, Oregon, USA. Sept. 19, 2015. Flew Deep Space OFFl on an I357T-14A Blue Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by K'Tesh View Post
    I'm working on an upscale of the Estes Goblin, and I've got a PML HAMR Motor Retainer... Somewhere in here. Problem is I can't find it for now.

I know that it only needs 3/8" of exposed motor tube to attach to. So, that's not a problem. What I don't know is how much does it add to the length of the rocket (with and without motor installed). I'm hoping to be able to have a reloadable motor casing installed (forget about the nozzle for now) and still allow the rocket to sit on all four fins.

Thanks!
    Jim
    I know this is years old, but am answering in case someone (just like me!) stumbles onto this thread. The 38mm HAMR length w/an Aerotech RMS installed is 0.825", and empty is 0.725", both sans the motor nozzle. Also, the mounting depth I measured for the exposed motor tube came out to 0.333", whereas PML instructions state 0.375 (3/8"). I Found this thread looking for drawings of the HAMR.

Paul B.