How to neatly remove epoxy from the can?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcsquire

Reaction score
I use West Systems 105/205 when I need a low-viscosity epoxy, and love the easy way they dispense with the plunger dispenser. I use Aeropoxy out of the large tin screw-top cans when I need a higher-viscosity structural epoxy. After opening the cans a few times, I find I get a sticky mess around the cap. I can clean it up with alcohol, but...

has anyone found a neat way to dispense epoxy resin/hardener from screw-top cans to minimize fouling of the lid? My best method is using a stirring stick to "cut off" a blob as it oozes out of the can.

I use West Systems 105/205 when I need a low-viscosity epoxy, and love the easy way they dispense with the plunger dispenser. I use Aeropoxy out of the large tin screw-top cans when I need a higher-viscosity structural epoxy. After opening the cans a few times, I find I get a sticky mess around the cap. I can clean it up with alcohol, but...

has anyone found a neat way to dispense epoxy resin/hardener from screw-top cans to minimize fouling of the lid? My best method is using a stirring stick to "cut off" a blob as it oozes out of the can.

"Using a stirring stick to "cut off" a blob as it oozes out of the can" is an improvement for me!

Decanting the epoxy into smaller squeeze bottles has always worked for me. The local industrial supply store always seems to have them. I prefer the one with a large tube opening and a cap. Aeropoxy is bit more viscous than West Systems and rather than argue with it, the larger spout on the squeeze bottle is very helpful.

Back