MWP XIII Registration is open!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No weekend $10.00 fee (total $45.00) for the launch anymore for weekend membership in QCRS like last year? One needs to be a full-time member to participate?

Kurt

No weekend $10.00 fee (total $45.00) for the launch anymore for weekend membership in QCRS like last year? One needs to be a full-time member to participate?

Kurt
Ummm ... did you go to the registration page? Register for MWP and a QCRS MWP weekend membership. $35.00 + $10.00.

So, registered, shirt ordered, signed up on volunteer list. Now all I have to do is actually finish my rockets. Wildman 4" V-2 done except for paint. Wildman 4" AAD 98 mostly done, except for paint and the nosecone tip needs to be tightened. 8" Mad Maxx done, flown, ready except for paint. 4" Yank Iris av bay prepped, just have to fold chutes properly. 4" PML Endeavour av bay prepped, just have to refold chute. These are the planned rockets so far... Maybe one or two more...

Adrian

Last edited:
Does anyone have a launch tower than can handle a small BT-60 bird?

I'd like to rip the fat off of my Fat Boy Mini on a G55... :)

Does anyone have a launch tower than can handle a small BT-60 bird?

I'd like to rip the fat off of my Fat Boy Mini on a G55... :)

Tower?

mini?

"Handle"???

Can you please be a bit more specific. It doesn't sound like you need anything "special"?? Is it M/D? If so, you just need a standard adjustable tower is that correct?

It's a Mini Fat boy... I don't have lugs or rails on it... And was thinking it'd be nice to avoid putting anything on it. If anyone has an adjustable tower that could accommodate this bird that'd be great. I believe it's a BT60 (approx 1.6" dia ) airframe.

Do you have a picture of this thing? I'm curious as to how you put a G motor in a mini fat boy

This crossed into the "so wrong it's right" category. I hope I'm there to see it launch :)

Might be the only launch. Recovery would only be easy if it shreds. More pieces to find. Kurt

or we'll find it, and he'll be forced to launch it again with a bigger motor.

QCRS does have one mini rail, and I have a pile of mini buttons if you'd like to go that route. Jason will have to answer to the question of whether or not we'll have a tower for launch use. I know a handful of guys may bring one, but I don't think we have a QCRS tower, per se.

Bump...
Last day to order shirts is Monday. Early registration discount ends soon... I'm excited to see everyone there! Also, don't forget to sign up for a shift. Experienced pad techs are fantastic to have around!!! A two hour shift helps tremendously!

Back