Hellraiser.... The Abbreviated Build Thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the video together...

Hope you dig!

[video]https://youtu.be/exQ1TtzEGoE[/video]

Later!

--Coop

Nice!

No finer sight in rocketry than a big bird properly deploying its main at low altitude -
QdefmsK.png

Phenomenal build, decals, and video.
Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks so much ! I admit: I was thrilled with Mark's work with the decals...

Freakin sweet! Loved that flame and boost into the clouds! Congrats on L3. Any ideas for your grad project?

My favorite shot is coming back down through the cloud from the on-board... just too surreal...

By graduation, I'm guessing you mean the next thing to take a level 3 motor... Yes, I have an idea. I've been toying with the idea for a couple of months. I just don't know, quite yet, what size I'm going to make it. This is one of those times where bigger may not be necessarily better... I plan on calculating what I can and EWAGging* the rest. The next thing I'm going to build has a 24mm MMT, and already has the name picked out....

* EWAG: Educated Wild-A**ed Guess

Awesome video! No rotation at all on the way up, impressive (and it makes the video a lot more watchable). Photo montage at the beginning is great too. Nicely done!

Thanks, Neil! To be honest, I didn't even realize about the upward rotation until you said something there! Not bad for marking it out with a few sheets of paper, a Sharpie, and no math, eh?

I'm glad you dug the montage. When I do a project like this, I typically do a blow-by-blow build thread on my Facebook page. It's overly detailed for here--more geared for someone who knows little to nothing about rocketry (thus, this abbreviated thread). Hellraiser had something like 300 photos in the build album. I thought the montage would be good to show progression from idea to completion, and am glad to hear a viewer recognized it!

Nice!

No finer sight in rocketry than a big bird properly deploying its main at low altitude

I have to agree, there!

==========

Thanks so much, everyone--I'm thrilled that this project turned out!

Later!

--Coop

Back