plunging into a new project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
I have a half dozen rockets that need work, testing, or at least painting.

Yet here I am gluing an Aeropack onto a brand new motor mount tube, starting another new project. I should be better at finishing projects before starting new ones. Still I should be allowed to get excited about an L3 attempt, right? Awesome!

I've got a few that need repairs. Building new ones is more fun than fixing old ones, so I can completely understand jumping into the next project.

What is the L3 rocket you're starting?

L3 builds are stand-alone projects... there can be only one! Good luck with the journey.

Oh, the others all fly now. There is still plenty of mindless sanding and painting to fill idle time while glue drys on the big bird, though. My new avbays are on hold. Thanks for the wishes!

ThirstyBarbarian said:
I've got a few that need repairs. Building new ones is more fun than fixing old ones, so I can completely understand jumping into the next project.

What is the L3 rocket you're starting?

Extreme Wildman, with custom fins to make it look like my infamous L1 and L2 Nuke Pro Max. Thanks again Tim!

The build is mostly complete. I cannot believe it still weighs less than ten pounds without recovery, motor, and electronics! On the other hand, that is my biggest and heaviest to date, by a wide margin. The empty avbay alone weighs 2.5 pounds! The motor will be over 10.5lbs by itself, wow.

Not a great picture but worth sharing and I will take better ones later, along with my Nuke Pro Max for scale and comparison -
Bgr5CGm.png

“Plunging” and “Rockets” are two words you might not want to use in the same sentence.
Unless it’s “Prices on rockets are plunging”; and what is the likelihood of that?

But good luck on your rocket projects and let’s hope none of them go plunging into anything.

I like the rip on the LOC sales add. Very well done. I'll never resist a chance to look at a Nuke being a bit of a fanboy.

I like the rip on the LOC sales add. Very well done. I'll never resist a chance to look at a Nuke being a bit of a fanboy.

Thanks. I even got permission from LOC! They said they liked it and even gave some L3 advice.

With luck I will test fly tomorrow outside Reno and have some more pictures to share.

Nothing wrong with multiple projects! Keeps you mind fresh :) Looking great WMM, keep us posted!

I have a half dozen rockets that need work, testing, or at least painting.

Yet here I am gluing an Aeropack onto a brand new motor mount tube, starting another new project. I should be better at finishing projects before starting new ones.

Sounds like me!!!!!!

Back