Anyone Built Estes #3232 Centuri Kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With paint and decals ready to launch without motor it came in at 5.05oz. which in the revised sim made it fly a tad lower on BP motors, but it gains a little maximum altitude using composites.

I wonder why this is not a more popular kit?
I'm going to do an upscale of it to BT-80 for the booster section eventually.
In my opinion the industry as a whole lacks a good selection of this style of rocket.

I wonder why this is not a more popular kit?
I'm going to do an upscale of it to BT-80 for the booster section eventually.
In my opinion the industry as a whole lacks a good selection of this style of rocket.

It's a nice looking rocket, but a tad small for my tastes. I suspect that it's perceived as too complicated (more fins = more chances to mess up) by the first time builders, and too small by much of the BAR crowd.

Lovely work. With those decals and the black fins on a white body tube, it definitely has that old-school Centuri vibe going for it.

TR,

Any chance you have the measurements of the fins/bodytubes? Also, does this have an injection molded transition from the BT-50 to the BT-55, or blowmolded?

Thanks

TR,

Any chance you have the measurements of the fins/bodytubes? Also, does this have an injection molded transition from the BT-50 to the BT-55, or blowmolded?

Thanks

Sure, I can either measure the fins, or can attach my ORK file if you want it.
I think the Transition is.... Hmmm, not sure? How do I tell the difference?
View attachment Revised Estes Centuri 3232.ork

Last edited:
I'm gonna' stop over to my Mom's place tomorrow to liberate this one and a few more from her basement.

The nicer weather has me dreaming of doing some flying.

it would be cool to see a photo of your Centuri and a Crossfire side by side, and any other rockets that share this nose cone in common.
Kind of a like family portrait, you know, "how cute, he has your nose" :)

it would be cool to see a photo of your Centuri and a Crossfire side by side, and any other rockets that share this nose cone in common.
Kind of a like family portrait, you know, "how cute, he has your nose" :)

I believe that at one time K'Tesh had compiled a list of models that use that cone.

Back