Red Glare and the telemetryPro

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker050608

Reaction score
I contacted the owner of Multitronix about bringing the TelemetryPro out to Red Glare this spring to see what it's made of. He is looking for a few people willing to put it up in a couple flights over 10k AGL. show some interest here and i will see if i can talk him into making the trip. You can see this creation https://www.Multitronix.com

I'd be up for that. I was planning to launch a 4 inch rocket on an L400. Should do about 12k.

What does Kate say if she is hanging from a tree?

"Failure to touch down, final position, 60 feet at 1.3 miles NW. Good luck buddy" lol.

WOW !!!
this has all the bells and whistles !!!!! very cool!!!

to bad I'd have to sell all my rockets and truck to get one :y:
I bet if he could get the price down some, he'd sell a lot of them.

WOW !!!
this has all the bells and whistles !!!!! very cool!!!

to bad I'd have to sell all my rockets and truck to get one :y:
I bet if he could get the price down some, he'd sell a lot of them.

My wife told me if I buy it I'll be sleeping on the couch for a month. So I bought a pull out sofa and a nice comforter.

Does it have a mute button?
Hearing "Kate" too long will drive allot of people bonkers....

I have the Eggtimer TRS and it works well.
Not sure of it's range but, time will tell.
It doesn't talk to you but, it works.

When the electronics cost more than half of you fleet, you need to reconsider your options.
That's allot of $$$$$$ to hang up in a tree.

JD

Does it have a mute button?
Hearing "Kate" too long will drive allot of people bonkers....

I have the Eggtimer TRS and it works well.
Not sure of it's range but, time will tell.
It doesn't talk to you but, it works.

When the electronics cost more than half of you fleet, you need to reconsider your options.
That's allot of $$$$$$ to hang up in a tree.

JD

The voice system is interesting and leaves one hands free during a flight. I have the Festival Voice server running on a Linux box but it just gives distance away when running Xastir for APRS. You're right, a continual mouthing off of the computer gets old very fast but I think it's tolerable if it's "your" flight. I will say the Multitronix is the "Rolls-Royce" of the GPS trackers. A fellow recently posted a flight with an EggFinder to 18k' with no trouble using duck antennas on both ends. Not bad if one is wanting to locate a rocket and not record chasing. The TRS is an economical choice for minimum diameter. I'm glassing the fincan of a project now with LOC tubes and 1/8" plywood fins. Should go pretty high with a J if the fins stay on. Kurt

If my 54mm MD is done by then it'll go up in it. Sims are hitting really good numbers with the design I've chosen.

Back