Level 2 Cert video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_Thrust

Reaction score
Hi Folks.

I've put together a video of my level 2 cert the other day for those who might be interested. The link is below.

[video=youtube;sGivx2dEhZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGivx2dEhZ8&list=UUPnt2v3FcWaklqIlh_btBIw[/video]

Great video and congrats..

I have been leaving the black powder motor ejection charge on even when I am using altimeters.
It's a great back up plan, which saved one of my rockets when the battery failed.

Great video and congrats..

I have been leaving the black powder motor ejection charge on even when I am using altimeters.
It's a great back up plan, which saved one of my rockets when the battery failed.

Yes. If u can leave the black powder in the motor and set it to 2 or 3 seconds after apogee. It provides a nice backup and can potentially save the rocket. However in some cases it may not be done as the delay required is longer then the motor delay can offer in which case you would take the BP out and stuff the well with some dog barf and tape over it so nothing burns through. Congrats on the Cert! Cant wait to see it fly in the 2 stage configuration :)

nice job on the cert and the video! The eagle screeching and subliminal Viking shots kept me well entertained throughout! Yeah!

Love the video! Effects were cool, even if you did cheat on the decal graphic for the altimeter in the 3D model. :) Music was epic!
Congrats!

You can't have your desert first! :p I've always been a big believer in saving the best bit till the end. As far as the motor delay as a backup is concerned, the fin can assembly is completely closed end. The piston travel is also in the opposite direction. So any motor charge would simply blow the fin can up! Nice idea though and one I would of used myself if it fitted the design of the rocket. Once again I appreciate the positive comments.

Congrats!

The video (and your Leviathan build video) are a unique combo of informative and entertaining, I look forward to seeing more of them (and catching up on the past videos).

Cheers!

Lots of style and originality. There shouldn't be much you can't do.

Very Nice! Congrats on L2. One request... At the end, a photo of the rocket in situ would be nice to see how well the flight ended (which is something that I wish everyone would do).

Back