Estes Gemini Titan II ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Zooch

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Estes released their Gemini Titan II "GT-3" kit? Was it 1965 or 1966? Ninfinger shows it in the 1966 catalog, but does not have an example of a 1965 catalog.

Gotta be a model rocket historian out there with the answer.

Wes, According to this posted on rocketshoppe.com it was 1965-1973
https://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/estes_kit_list.pdfI I found the listing on page #2.
Hope this helps.
Ed
Does anyone know when Estes released their Gemini Titan II "GT-3" kit? Was it 1965 or 1966? Ninfinger shows it in the 1966 catalog, but does not have an example of a 1965 catalog.

Duh! I should have looked there too.:eek:

That's the answer! Thanks!!!

According to Vern, the 66 catalog IS the 65 catalog. It took so long to produce (being their first catalog with process color on the cover and calendared paper on the inside) that it became the 1966 catalog, but they kept the catalog inventory number of 651.

According to Vern, the 66 catalog IS the 65 catalog. It took so long to produce (being their first catalog with process color on the cover and calendared paper on the inside) that it became the 1966 catalog, but they kept the catalog inventory number of 651.

Now that's the sort of first-hand trivia answers that I really enjoy:) Answers the question 100% and is a cool little fact we can all put into our pocket. Thanks a LOT!

One of the reasons why this forum is so cool.

Soooooo, Doc, does this mean you're maybe working on a new kit......? ;)

Nope- I'm writing a piece on FlameFins and in telling that story you must first start with glass fins at their start... Which is hard to do unless you know where the start actually is.;)

Go-fer... hey, I actually get it.:lol: Where ya' been lately Bravo52? Had yer' had full of engines (8 at a time)?

Back to on-subject... Who here would like to have an MOL Titan IIIC?

Who wouldn't??;)
Go-fer... hey, I actually get it.:lol: Where ya' been lately Bravo52? Had yer' had full of engines (8 at a time)?

Back to on-subject... Who here would like to have an MOL Titan IIIC?

Well, I've been putting in those 16 hr days in the puzzle palace. I've been busying my self trying the get a step added to the F-15 checklist that says; " 16. Scream "LOOK OUT".........

The rest of the day is spent trying to figure out remidiation on 654,896,587,523,654,785 goolge-zillion tiny little shards of carbon fiber and other stealthy material from the infield grass at Guam....... We tried the approach with the media of saying; "What stealth bomber, I don't see any stealth bomber.........these aren't the droids you're looking for". But they didn't buy it. So instead, we picked a foreign built tanker to throw them off the trail...............:rolleyes:

Did you say "Titan II".... cause a swear I thought I heard you say "Mercury Atlas"........;)

Well, I've been putting in those 16 hr days in the puzzle palace. I've been busying my self trying the get a step added to the F-15 checklist that says; " 16. Scream "LOOK OUT".........

The rest of the day is spent trying to figure out remidiation on 654,896,587,523,654,785 goolge-zillion tiny little shards of carbon fiber and other stealthy material from the infield grass at Guam....... We tried the approach with the media of saying; "What stealth bomber, I don't see any stealth bomber.........these aren't the droids you're looking for". But they didn't buy it. So instead, we picked a foreign built tanker to throw them off the trail...............:rolleyes:

I think you just wrote several cartoons for me:cool: Should I give you credit? Oh... no... you'd still like you pension wouldn't you?

Did you say "Titan II".... cause a swear I thought I heard you say "Mercury Atlas"........;)

No -that was TITAN IIIC MOL. The Atlas require a full instructions run and illustration- To MOL the IIIC requires one tube and a new capsule and one page of instruction amendment. TDY'd in the rental place as I am (Our house is being rebuilt- so we had to move) it's the sort of new release I can do in tight quarters.

The X-20 eh?.... hummmm... got that puppy right here in my computer.... guess I should pick up on that again eh?

Remember that's top secret- so if anyone sees it you'll have to kill them- either that or eat the model before they see it.;)

[snip]
The X-20 eh?.... hummmm... got that puppy right here in my computer.... guess I should pick up on that again eh?

Don't pick it up, grab it and run!

A Dyna-Soar on a Zooch MK II booster. Someone get me a dribble bib!

:eek:

Back