My turn! First midpower rocket complete.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BR549

Reaction score
Here it is, Aerotech Strong Arm. Finished it with stock paint and decals because I thought it looked good as designed.

Should be able to put it in the air this weekend.

YOUR FIRST???

Holy crap. I bow in humble newbie-ness. Fantastic job.

Dang thats a sweet ride!:D :D How did you do it.

We're not worthy, We're not worthy,(quote from Waynes World)

Well, my wife insists I'm a borderline obsessive-compulsive when I pick up a new hobby.

Not really new though, I'm a classic BAR. Was into Estes rockets in the late 70's while in high school. Recently picked it back up when a couple buddies of mine was looking for something to do with their teen age boys to get them off the dang computer.

Having a blast so far. I'll be here for the long term I believe.

LOL, I've heard people call me a sandbagger on the golf course before, but not in rocketry.

I'll update this thread tomorrow with some better pics.

Beautiful job! I hope your first mid-power launch go's better than mine! Oh and another motorcyclist too :)

Originally posted by fox_racing_guy
Beautiful job! I hope your first mid-power launch go's better than mine! Oh and another motorcyclist too :)

Yep, cycles have been the one constant in my life. My homepage is devoted to my cycles. But I'm sure I'll be adding some rocketry to it in the future.

Very nice! Great finishing job! I love my Strong Arm - this rocket loves the F52 with a 5 second delay. Here's a shot of mine going on this load.

strongarmf52.jpg

Well, I didn't realize ya'll are crazy about build pics until I was almost through. I'll try to remember for future rockets.

Here's one more thats a little better of the finished product.

D00D - Come on now. That's just being mean. Launch pics and/or video already. You need to stop torturing us. Launch that bad-mama-jama. Give the people what they want already. Produce some media.

C'mon folks, let's get a chant going....

LAUNCH IT...
LAUNCH IT...
LAUNCH IT...
LAUNCH IT...

Very similar to my wart hog that got me started in my BAR phase. Launch it with a G64 and you will be really hooked.

Originally posted by BR549
Well, I didn't realize ya'll are crazy about build pics until I was almost through. I'll try to remember for future rockets.

Here's one more thats a little better of the finished product.

So, when is the first flight scheduled, and what will it be on?

I picked up a SU F50-6T for it yesterday. First launch may not be until next month though (sorry). The group I hooked up with has a nice launch site, but it's 120 miles from me. And I won't be able to make it there anytime soon.

I do have some E18 reloads though. That'll keep it well within sight, so maybe I can use those soon a little closer to home.

I will endeavor to get pics and possibly video. I'll keep you advised.

Oh, and I finally uploaded a few pics to Webshots. Here's a link to the full resolution photo:

Back