NSROC website and Firefox

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k5knt

Reaction score
I'm having problems playing the intro at theNSROC web site with firefox. I'm running v. 2.0.0.1. When I click on the "Launch" button firefox asks what to do with the file. When I select open with Shockwave flash (one of the options given) it downloads the file then gives me a window saying windows can't open this type of file.

The page runs fine with IE7.

Are any of the firefox users here having problems? If you would check and let me know, please.

This is following a clean reinstall of my OS, Windows XP Home SP2.

Thanks,

Kent

It's an .swf file. You need MacroMedia Flash to run it. You may need to check for a plug in for Firefox. Let me get back to you...

I have the same problem it seems to be some sort of missing "hook" with flash and FF 2.0

I have had this problem now and again with FF and certain applications.

I turned off AdBlock and it worked. Go figure...

It's looking for some DLL that I don't seem to have.

<html><head><script src="res://mshtml.dll/objectembed.js"></script> <script language="javascript">var objectSource="https://www.nsroc.com/front/html/movie2pre.swf"; </script> </head><body onload="ObjectLoad();" leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 scroll=no> <form id="objectDestination"></form> </body></html>

Thanks for the reply guys. Now at least I know it's not just something with my system. I have both Shockwave Flash and Shockwave for Director listed as installed plugins.

CQBArms: What dll was it asking for?

I am going to send an email to the webmaster about the issue.

Kent

mshtml.dll

Which is a MS dll so maybe it's coded for an MS standard.

That file is in my "C:\Windows\system32" folder.

I've sent an email to the webmaster. I'll post any reply I receive.

Kent

Well let me rephrase, I have it too but it shouldn't be looking for it for fire fox.
Essentially it's looking to authenticate to a MS product, maybe if I set my version of FF to "simulate" IE it might work.

Originally posted by k5knt
That file is in my "C:\Windows\system32" folder.

I've sent an email to the webmaster. I'll post any reply I receive.

Kent

I recieved a reply to my email from Jan Jackson at NSROC this morning. I'm awaiting her permission to post the reply. In short, the web site was coded with a preference to IE.

Now for the subject of this post. I opened IE to view the NSROC site again then decided to post here. When I opened this thread, I am unable to scroll down the replies. only my first post is visible with no scroll bar on the right side. I don't have this problem with any of the other threads that I have checked.

Maybe IE doens't like threads that talk about Firefox.:D

PS. I had to use the tab key to get down to the Submit Replyl button. No vertical scroll here either. :confused:

Kent

Here is Jan's reply:

Sorry your Firefox browser doesn't seem to like the plug-in. The site was developed for compatibility with IE, the preferred browser for NASA, Northrop Grumman, our subcontractors, and most of the people who access the site for information; and for easy translation for blind users (also a NASA requirement.)

If Firefox doesn't like the launch button, I would imagine it won't let you watch the "See a night launch" link on the Main Menu either... I cannot imagine that Firefox won't accept them as simple mpg's.

It appears that they are required to code to the IE browser... Interesting.

Kent

Back