NAR L3CC Appointee

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Austin

It's now official...I received an email today that I was accepted as a new member to the NAR L3CC, otherwise known as the Level 3 Certification Comittee. I have already had at least two local club members hit me up for assistance and have been helping them along, but now I can also certify them in their attempt. It's my way of giving back some of what the hobby has given to me! ;)

Just thought you all might want to know...also, I think it's for the MidWest Region.

Carl

Congratulations, Carl! I'm sure Mark will be very happy to hear that...lol

Loopy

Carl,

Congrats!

It does seem like an appropriate apointment.

You ARE the man for the job!

sandman

Way to go Bro!!!

Congrats Carl!

You are a great one for that job.

Working with Carl as your L3 Cert Advisor? Oh my... I can just hear that now....

L3 Candidate: "So, any suggestions Mr. Tulanko, Mr. L3 Guru-guy?"

Carl: "Yep. It's not big enough. I think you should double the design specifications - make it a 15" diameter rocket with twin M's for power. It should weigh at least 180 pounds. Oh, and another thing - you need to start ordering West Systems epoxy in the 55 gallon drums. Not only are you going to need that much, but my Gougeon Brothers stock is not performing as well as I'd like and your purchase will help them out."

L3 Candidate: "Anything else, Mr. Tulanko, Mr. Almighty rocket-guy?"

Carl: "Yep. Ya gotta use all stainless steel hardware, even the hinges on your range box need to be changed out - zinc or brass just won't do - nothing but stainless is acceptable."

L3 Candidate: "Gee, Mr. Tulanko, this seems like it's going to be awfully expensive. I'm concerned that my wife won't like how much this is going to cost..."

Carl: "Wife? WIFE? Oh, didn't I tell you? That's the *first* thing you should have done - get rid of her!!!"

==================================
Seriously, Carl - huge congrats to ya, buddy. Ever since I have known you I have seen you learn many many things, and you have always been one of those people that made a significant proactive effort to pass on your knowledge to others. I know the rocketry community will benefit hugely from having you in an official NAR L3CC capacity.

congrats...that is awsome.

Ken, I am ROTFL. But, Dont forget, It also has to look exactly like some type of military kit down to the smalles most minute detial :D :D :D

Originally posted by daveyfire
So if I forget to put a scale screw on my Level 3, I guess I can't let Carl sign it off, huh? Good thing I'm on the west coast ;)

Way to go Carl!

screw scale screws.... the way Carl builds, I'd be willing to bet that on some of his models he could forgo the epoxy and use REAL screws and save weight... LOL

although, I gotta admit that I've seen some of his screw decals seem to look more *real* than real screws would anyway, so....

so, congrats all around Carl!

L3 Prospect: So will this rocket do Mr. Tulanko?

Carl: Uh, what military unit of what country does this rocket come from?

L3 Prospect: Um...well, I thought it would be cool to....

Carl: Hold it right there. Don't you say another word. Now turn around and don't come back to me until it looks like it could shoot somethin' down or blow it up! Mumbling under his breath - "Pssshh...amateur. Didn't even polish the threaded rod sleeves."

L3 Prospect: Uh, yes sir...right away sir.

;) j/k Carl!

Give 'em hell! A major congratulations! That's awesome that you will be a part of guiding the future of high power rocketeers!

OH man, I new it would happen...Parker is back up to the top of my %$%^ list now!!! ;)

Thanks much for the comments guys...I just hope I can help those along as much as people have helped me...

thanks again,

Carl

A BIG Ditto Carl.
Now start working on reducing the rules and regulations, keeping those that you consider important, of course.

New rule number one: Nothing smaller then a Pro38 will be considered a real rocket motor.

Number two: If it can be carried by one person it isn't big enough.

Number three: If you forget your motor case, any gas station trash can may be substituted.

Number four: Always bring a kid to chase the rockets and refer to him as son, even if he isn't your son.

I'll leave the remaining 6 for you to complete, thus creating "Carl's top 10 rules of rocketry"

Congrats!:D
Randy

Latest posts

Back