Mongoose 54

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockosrocket

Reaction score
I have recently purchased Performance Rocketry's Mongoose 54 with the intent of using it for my Level 2 and 3 attempts, then upgrading it to a two stager and send it to the moon!

I have been having trouble finding a Rocsim file for it though. Anybody have any idea where I could find one?

Thanks.

You'll have a hard time using a 54mm minimum diameter for your L3, since there aren't any Ms that fit...

Ahh.

I should remember to look at people's profile before making stupid statements :eek:.

As for a rocksim, I don't have a file for it, but I know someone who got his (US) L2 on a Mongoose 54, and he went 6168 on a Pro54 J250 and 22,447 on an L990 Blue Streak.

Ahh.

I should remember to look at people's profile before making stupid statements :eek:.

As for a rocksim, I don't have a file for it, but I know someone who got his (US) L2 on a Mongoose 54, and he went 6168 on a Pro54 J250 and 22,447 on an L990 Blue Streak.

Ha ha. No worries.

22,447' on an L990 eh?! Wow! What do you think it will do on a new CTI K-300? Thats the motor I am thinking of using.

Last edited:
Just as a guess, off the top of my head, I would think 18-20k for a stock mongoose 54, as it is somewhat long and heavy for a 54 minimum diameter. It would go somewhat higher if shortened a bit.

Just as a guess, off the top of my head, I would think 18-20k for a stock mongoose 54, as it is somewhat long and heavy for a 54 minimum diameter. It would go somewhat higher if shortened a bit.

Hmm. Heavy for a 54mm min dia?? I figured it would be super light and strong enough to handle mach 2 speeds. Do you know of any other 54mm min dia rocket kits that are lighter and can handle very high speeds?

For pure altitude, the best one I know of is the 3 dogs rocketry KestreL. I've seen a slightly modified one hit 26,810 on a K300 (more like 22-24k if built completely stock). It comes with a Pro54 6xl casing and a tailcone aft closure too.

Last edited:
I just got mine today in the mail 6XL & alll! :dark:

He did have a few last week, I don't know about now though....

It does mention that you have to glass the fins tip-to-tip with either FG or CF.

JD

For pure altitude, the best one I know of is the 3 dogs rocketry KestreL. I've seen a slightly modified one hit 26,810 on a K300 (more like 22-24k if built completely stock). It comes with a Pro54 6xl casing and a tailcone aft closure too.

Last edited:
Darnit!! I wish I had found that one earlier. It is cheaper, lighter, higher performance, and comes with the very case I need..........

Hmm........

Darnit!! I wish I had found that one earlier. It is cheaper, lighter, higher performance, and comes with the very case I need..........

Hmm........

I just got mine today too. I'm pretty sure he's out of the free cases now. It's still a beautiful kit.:)

I just got mine today too. I'm pretty sure he's out of the free cases now. It's still a beautiful kit.:)

Is he? Last I heard, he still had some left, but he might have sold out since then.

A stock Mongoose 54 will "only" do about 20K on the biggest motor you can fit in it. That's without a tailcone.

I need to rerun the sims for what it'll do if you use the CTI tailcone (tapered) closure -- it'll add a bit.

-Kevin

Is he? Last I heard, he still had some left, but he might have sold out since then.

JW told me that I "officially received the last 'loaded' Kestrel kit". It arrived today.

Latest posts

Back