Would anyone be interested in OpenRocket range box stickers?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll: Would you buy a pair of OpenRocket stickers for $2?

• Definitely

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This is maybe a dumb idea that has been stuck in my head for a while. I'm just putting this out there to gauge interest. Nothing is committed.

Would folks be interested in OpenRocket range box stickers? This would not be a fundraiser, just priced to cover costs, roughly $2 for a set of two stickers shipped within the US (we'd have to work out international shipping). The stickers would presumably be somewhere in the 2"x2" - 2"x4" range, design TBD but presumably based on the existing logo

Just curious if anyone at all is interested in some cheap merch.

This is maybe a dumb idea that has been stuck in my head for a while. I'm just putting this out there to gauge interest. Nothing is committed.

Would folks be interested in OpenRocket range box stickers? This would not be a fundraiser, just priced to cover costs, roughly $2 for a set of two stickers shipped within the US (we'd have to work out international shipping). The stickers would presumably be somewhere in the 2"x2" - 2"x4" range, design TBD but presumably based on the existing logo

Yes!

I would love to see it as a reward for contributors who have made a large enough contribution (say >=$20 USD) to easily cover the cost of the stickers and the postage (and give them the option of purchasing more).

If you want to contribute to the project: https://openrocket.info/donate.html
Thanks.

I think what I was trying to suggest was that if the box for an additional donation was there during my sticker checkout, I'd throw some extra in there. More a thought about how to make the experience than a question of how I could donate outside of a hypothetical sticker purchase. But if your aim is fundraising, @K'Tesh is probably onto something better with the donation level based swag. Maybe ideas more to tuck in the back pocket than to implement right now.

I guess I should retire the abacus and join the 20th century. I get bagged on for back-the-envelope calcs. One chap asked if it was Latin. Almost made me cry. There is a joke about Gigo in there somewhere. I'll support, but it has to be before the ink in my quill pen dries out.

I think what I was trying to suggest was that if the box for an additional donation was there during my sticker checkout, I'd throw some extra in there.
The idea is that these stickers would have nothing whatsoever to do with funding the project. They would simply be sold at cost for people who want them, probably via a personal Paypal account or something like that. If you want to support the project, then contribute at Open Source Collective. There could be no financial linkage between the two transactions.
But if your aim is fundraising, @K'Tesh is probably onto something better with the donation level based swag. Maybe ideas more to tuck in the back pocket than to implement right now.
Again, the stickers are explicitly *not* fundraising, and connecting them to pre-existing donations is problematic for us in a number of ways. If we do something like this, for now at least it will be kept completely separate.

Last edited:

I cast my vote at Au$2.... You did not specify the currency properly.... :)

Is there a hi-res image of the logo that could be downloaded and added into the file when I am making my own decals for rockets I designed in OR? That would be fun. WAAAAAYY rather do that than an Estes logo.
The existing icon artwork is all on Github:
https://github.com/openrocket/openrocket/tree/unstable/core/resources-src/pix/iconhttps://github.com/openrocket/openrocket/tree/unstable/core/resources/pix/icon
And the latest splashscreen:
https://github.com/openrocket/openrocket/blob/unstable/core/resources/pix/splashscreen.png

I did say shipped within the US... ;)
If you want to be comedic, you need to use the rule of 3. A Scotsman, an Australian and an American walked into a bar. How many people went into the bar?
2 or maybe 3. You can hold dual nationality if you're Scottish or Australian but Americans are not allowed dual nationality. (this joke was written before 1967)
Today the answer could be 1,2 or 3... :)

i'm in. don't spend it all in one place. or do. i don't care either way. post a link and send me my stickers

to keep it in the family, I wonder if Mark @ Stickershock could do a run of 100 or so

Hell yes!

Yes! And I would also donate as well. OR is what I use, and I love it! So YES! (As 'Raythain' / Phillip J. Fry so aptly said: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" :)

Today I got an email from Stickershock offering to do club logo decals. It sounds like Mark would be exactly the right guy to do these OR stickers. Did you get that one @neil_w ?

Back