Wiring help with rotary switch, please!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wiring my Shurter switch per the redundant diagram. But if someone with more electronics kung fu could weigh in on best practices. . . A: the two wires for each pole going to the same hole into one of the polarity holes in the altimeter? B: the two wires from the same switch pole and they meet in the middle of the run, soldered together and then continues as one wire to the altimeter?
View attachment 619388
When I've used Schurter switches, I just stripped a lot of the wire end and ran the same wire through the two holes in the terminals that I was bridging and soldered it down. That makes for two easy solder joints.

For those who aren’t familiar with electrical or electronics diagrams, the physical wiring options may not be obvious from the diagram. A schematic is the connection “scheme” to clearly represent the electrical connections. But how you physically lay out the wires, their lengths, the wire gauge, etc., aren’t captured in a schematic. Those details would be in a mechanical layout and a written specification.

Scribbling on my nice schematic creates an even more abstract work of art! 😉

For those who aren’t familiar with electrical or electronics diagrams, the physical wiring options may not be obvious from the diagram. A schematic is the connection “scheme” to clearly represent the electrical connections. But how you physically lay out the wires, their lengths, the wire gauge, etc., aren’t captured in a schematic. Those details would be in a mechanical layout and a written specification.

Scribbling on my nice schematic creates an even more abstract work of art! 😉
1702318368077.png

When I've used Schurter switches, I just stripped a lot of the wire end and ran the same wire through the two holes in the terminals that I was bridging and soldered it down. That makes for two easy solder joints.
I still plan to tin these, solder them, and cover them with liquid tape - but this is the idea right? Not beat the dead horse further with images,
IMG_20231212_144617040.jpg

Now that we have that sorted, how about the four position pull switch for multi speed ceiling fan? Never mind, it is not rocketry related.

Back