WildMan Sport build instructions thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying this weekend with Prairie State in Dekalb..lots of HPR there so yes, they will have a lot of questions from me!

Tracy Ramsey

Wait... another club within an hour of me they i don't know about??? You must tell me more

Flying this weekend with Prairie State in Dekalb..lots of HPR there so yes, they will have a lot of questions from me!

Tracy Ramsey

8 minutes from my house and I have to go to Gurnee Saturday for a service call, because the customer won't shut the machine down during the week... :mad:

Adrian

Wait... another club within an hour of me they i don't know about??? You must tell me more

Wish I could! They seem like a fairly low key bunch, but the only launch I have been at. Had a 5000 ft waiver I believe, and usually launch either in DeKalb, or during the growing season, I believe they said Newark Il. https://psrocketry.com/wp/

Tracy Ramsey

Wish I could! They seem like a fairly low key bunch, but the only launch I have been at. Had a 5000 ft waiver I believe, and usually launch either in DeKalb, or during the growing season, I believe they said Newark Il. https://psrocketry.com/wp/

Tracy Ramsey

Hi Tracy, look me up at the Prairie State launch Saturday. I'll be there flying and can help you out with any questions you have for DD. Prairie State has a 5K waiver in DeKalb and flys in DeKalb when the crops are in, during the summer they will be launching in Newark at a Central Sod location. I believe it is on RT47 and Newark Rd. Probably more on that on their website.

here is mine on the pad w/ a G64-7. in keeping with the Wildman tradition of just build it fast...I must have spent a Whole hour putting the finish on it :).
Rex

wmsppad.jpg

I came to this thread a little late to prevent an error (?) on my build. From my limited previous experience I drilled the forward centering ring and attached a 3/16"eye bolt to which I attached the loop of the shock cord. I will be using the much slicker shock cord attachment on future builds. I'm going to encapsulate the fin can with the expanding foam from PML so I'm hoping it will be a solid anchor.
I was also glad to see a previous post that validated my plan to epoxy the bulkhead to the aft end of the tube coupler and then using plastic rivets to attach the nosecone. This will give me a place to tuck in a Firefly altimeter.
I got the Rocksim file from Jackie but haven't had a chance to open it yet. I'm surprised to read that folks' builds don't require any nose weight. I was going to fly initially with an AT G77R, but I also have an H220W that I'd like to try. The package for the H lists the loaded weight at 230 grams. I guess I'll finish it and see how it balances. Since I'll still have access to the nose I can add BB's and foam later if I need it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_115016.jpg
    IMG_20190119_115016.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 100
I never needed nose weight in mine ,and I have flown them with about every motor size you can think of.
Sounds good. One less thing to screw up
I went ahead with my plan to rivet the nosecone and coupler, so I still have access to the nose if I need it, but it was mainly done as a place for the altimeter.

I just picked up a Drago 54 , Demon 54 and an Interceptor 54 yesterday. looking forward to the builds

Back