Wildman Order - No coms, MIA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
I placed an order at Wildman, pretty cool deal to be honest

WILDCHILD SWEET DEAL - Wild Child and Pro29 Starter Set X2
DD OPTION WILD CHILD - Dual Deploy Upgrade for Wild Child X2

Had my Wildman Order Confirmation on the 17th. Sent them a mail asking had it all gone through okay being this side of the pond.

No coms back.... nothing at all

I will try calling Monday at my expense but anyone know if they are ok?

Believe it or not, even the beloved wildman has issues like this, now will he get slammed about it here like Red Arrow has? I'd bet not. I don't believe there's anything wrong, he's slated to be at our launch today.

I've had similar issues. For me, it has been they're just busy. Order is catalogued and being processed, comms are slow. A phone call doesn't hurt.

Mark

Had my Wildman Order Confirmation on the 17th. Sent them a mail asking had it all gone through okay being this side of the pond.

Sadly, Tim guts absolutely buried by spam. Because of it, he sometimes misses legit emails. Try sending another email with "Rocket Order Question" in the subject -- things like that will help him find it amongst the spam.

I'll ping him, as well, and let him know there's an email out there he needs to answer. :)

-Kevin

Between traveling to launches and dealing with the spam, he sometimes misses the emails. A phone call to him is always worthwhile, as he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Also- It serves to know that he MAY be out in the field- test flying one of the latest creations from the WildMan's Laboratories of Screamingly Insane Cool Rockets. (WLSICR- he's not much on acronyms...lol!). Take a breath- it's worth the wait, bro'!

Mail had title of order and order number. As an IT guy he needs to address his issues if using it for a business. This is common sense.

My worry is when I check my credit card I see no order processing.

This is my first order so can't not pass full comment.

Concerns if he has spam issues how will he know someone placed and order

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Mail had title of order and order number. As an IT guy he needs to address his issues if using it for a business. This is common sense.

Except for BS sale I haven't ever noticed CC charged until shipped , 99.9999999999999999% sure orders are manual processed with cc not automatic charge when web ordered.

As with all rocket vendors the best communication channel is calling on the phone.

Not all. I don't answer phone calls. It cuts into my production and I can't hear anyway because of noisy CNC machines running. I used to but I would get caught up talking rockets for sometimes hours with customers and get way behind. In more than one instance, I ended up scrapping a large motor casing because I forgot where I was when I returned to working on it.

I'd send another e-mail. There was an order confirmation sent, so it went through I'd assume he's working on it. He probably processes payment manually on the day of shipping.

yes wild man is the best ,he will not charge you till its out the door . i would call him , he is one of the very few that will respond

The reality is that no spam filter is 100% effective, and finding someone qualified to help him in a small town will be a challenge. That said, since I need to drive to his place sometime in the coming months anyway, I'll try to remember to help him with some spam filtering options as well. One issue I know he has encountered is problems with software to filter them filtering out false positives, as well.

He doesn't know about orders via email notifications - he and Jackie pull the orders another way. The email notification is there purely for the benefit of the customer.

Also, they don't charge your card until they ship (unless they tell you they're going to, such as during the Black Saturday sale).

Finally....I just got off the phone with Tim. He's at a launch, and he'll look into and get back to you after he gets home.

-Kevin

The reality is that no spam filter is 100% effective, and finding someone qualified to help him in a small town will be a challenge. That said, since I need to drive to his place sometime in the coming months anyway, I'll try to remember to help him with some spam filtering options as well. One issue I know he has encountered is problems with software to filter them filtering out false positives, as well.

He doesn't know about orders via email notifications - he and Jackie pull the orders another way. The email notification is there purely for the benefit of the customer.

Also, they don't charge your card until they ship (unless they tell you they're going to, such as during the Black Saturday sale).

Finally....I just got off the phone with Tim. He's at a launch, and he'll look into and get back to you after he gets home.

-Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

There are lots of options to prevent the spam. Biggest issue out there is anyone using XP. I'd be happy to help where I can

You should have called him & asked.
I'm not certain where he is today but he probably doesn't get email on the field.

You should have made a phone call before slamming him on a forum. It's common courtesy.

You should have called him & asked.
I'm not certain where he is today but he probably doesn't get email on the field.

You should have made a phone call before slamming him on a forum. It's common courtesy.

3167760-jack_sparrow_wut_by_zackfair1219-d4117e5.jpg

That was a slam???

I'm just happy that pyrobob has now posted in Pyropetepete's thread.

Just call and ask during polite Il,USA time about your order (see hours on website).

Let's get something right.

I haven't slammed this guy. Just said I haven't heard anything and I'm worried.

I'm in the UK and an e-mail should be enough to get an answer. More so when It was I've 4 days ago.

Nothing in his website to explain his order processing procedure regarding payment.

Now the forum has help as the people that took the time here to say

He has huge spam mail issue

Packs it then charges it

Is at a show/launch

Job done I say. I'll properly call on Monday to check but I really shouldn't have to to personally.

I've not ripped into this guy saying my card showing a deposited allocation, had zero coms both mail and phone, it's been longer than 2 weeks to inc delivery. You lot might. My mother taught me different.

The points I made higher about show a community that's helped on here. That's why I posted the concern/question. Using the forum for the reason it was possibly developed.

My suggestion. Go have a beer, sleep in it. Tomorrow is a different day

Thanks to all here that have helped, sorry I can not quote posts as doing all this on my iPhone.

Pete

I know for a fact that Tim has read at least some of this thread. the topic came up at the launch today.
Rex

Hi Pete
I just looked back through E-mail and could not find one from you.
I apologize for the tardiness on your order. We have been slammed here this past week and I have not been myself ,But that's another long story.
I will look up your web order and contact you Monday.
Thank You
Tim

Hi Pete
I just looked back through E-mail and could not find one from you.
I apologize for the tardiness on your order. We have been slammed here this past week and I have not been myself ,But that's another long story.
I will look up your web order and contact you Monday.
Thank You
Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry you've possibly had every man and his dog at you about this. If you have, then add the cost of a beer to my order. It was not meant as such but seams that's how it is here sadly.
The mail was titled Order 5772 and came from my user name here @aol.com, sent on Wed, Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm
Appreciate you've been busy and as I have found out with development of kits and shows/launches. Fully understand being under the weather. have only just recovered my self from a 7 week cold!
Have a good weekend whats left and wait to hear from you. Thanks for making contact

I know for a fact that Tim has read at least some of this thread. the topic came up at the launch today.

That would be because I called him. :)

Whenever a thread like this comes up, I always try to let the vendor in question know, if I have contact information for them.

-Kevin

Not all. I don't answer phone calls. It cuts into my production and I can't hear anyway because of noisy CNC machines running. I used to but I would get caught up talking rockets for sometimes hours with customers and get way behind. In more than one instance, I ended up scrapping a large motor casing because I forgot where I was when I returned to working on it.

I'd send another e-mail. There was an order confirmation sent, so it went through I'd assume he's working on it. He probably processes payment manually on the day of shipping.

This is very true. Hard to be on the phone and work on making all the parts for a kit. For me, I can only access the CNC equipment when it is idle from from my day job. As of late that is not often.
I'm terrible about emails back to customers, I don't have enough time in a day. After a ten hour day on my feet, I am raising my daughters, by then I am worn out.
So, All I can say is though Tim and I have butted heads, I know he cares about his kits and customers. Being a vendor is not as easy as you all may think. Damn hard at times, speaking for my self, I feel like s#$^ when I can't get an order out. Even though I have done my best to make it happen. Every vendor I have talked to has told me they have thought about quitting. I too have thought this, much easier just to make things for myself and enjoy the hobby. So yea as a customer you may feel let down from time to time but I promise it affects us more than you know. Last thing, Try to remember we do this as a passion for the hobby , none of us are getting rich, we do this so you don't have to.

God Bless and Fly High!

Eric Foster

Every vendor I have talked to has told me they have thought about quitting.

Yes, me too. I put Binder Design up for sale a few years ago, but I could not sell it for a reasonable amount, so decided to keep at it. At some point I do want to move on to another phase in my life and explore other business ideas.

Most people these days are spoiled by companies like Amazon. I find this to be worse from new people entering the hobby via requests for tracking numbers for orders placed a few hours prior.

I just ordered an Ultimate Wildman kit, and it arrived a week later last Friday. I couldn't ask for much better than that!

Most people these days are spoiled by companies like Amazon.

And this is the root of most of the vendor issues we see on this forum. Amazon is a multi-million dollar organization with more money tied up it IT infrastructure in a month than most of our vendors will ever make. I would dare say that almost without exception our vendors are one person shops and probably have day jobs to keep fed. The one I live with (CATO-Chutes) get very upset when she can't make a deadline and is equally frustrated when a customer sends in a cryptic order and then does not reply to "You want what?" inquiries. She is a full time business analyst and actually works (unlike me -> I just have these guys fooled). Heck, sometimes I'm surprised that McMaster does not get bashed here. I mean really, you place an order and they never tell you the shipping - until after it ships (sometimes after you receive it) - the nerve!

P.S -> this is not about Pyropete's OP. Just seemed like a good place for my $0.02

Basically it comes down to this. If you want instant gratification, figure out where you can go and pay for the materials in person and walk away with your stuff. Otherwise don't have at these folks who individually are each doing their part to make this a better, more enjoyable hobby. At least not until you have tried both electronic and verbal communications. Most all of them are honest folk who really want to do a good job. They all just have different levels of communications acumen,

This is why I shudder each time I see a "Hey looky here -> I'm starting a rocket gizmo business" posting. That can so easily turn a good relationship with your flight line buddy into something adversarial.

One other thing to be aware of is that some ISP's/mail providers use email filtering tools (such as spamcop) which will blacklist entire servers when they see lots of spam/malicious activity on them. There are a whole bunch of "he said, she said" threads of Yahoo vs Spamcop online regarding this.

I know of several instances to two destinations (Wildmans is one of those) where emails from my yahoo account simply do not get through and do not always generate a delivery failure notification - I would not be surprised if AOL servers get hit by that issue sometimes too.

The upside for me is that I get to have a chat with Tim about my order and that's always a pleasure.

Latest posts

Back