Wife is on board...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disaster_Guy

Reaction score
This could be the start of something dangerous. I had to go to the LHS last night to grab some aluminum tube to build a swap-able sled for my Wildman Warrior and I had the wife and my youngest with me. She always busts on my finishing skills (well deserved) saying that she could do a better job. I grab what I need and head to the register when she walks up with one of the new Estes STM 012 kits under her arm. I ask her what she has and she tells me that it is "her" new rocket. I have to admit that it is a pretty cool looking kit. She even mentioned last night getting her L1 Cert at some point. I fear that my wallets last defense has been neutralized. :clap:

It happened to me too- while great, Very expensive! Currently the GF has 5 rockets all fiberglass, a kit on the way, 3 CTI pro 38 cases and a Pro29 3G. Add a raven and power perch into that and my wallet starts whimpering- but it's great that she comes with, the help and company is nice and we settle small disputes with drag races- Can't lose there!

IT HAS BEGONE! He who has his wife join him in the pursuit of happiness, begins down the road to told-youville. Have fun and fly together towards bliss. :wink:

Good deal! Always nice when you have something new you can do together. :)

-Kevin

This could be the start of something dangerous. I had to go to the LHS last night to grab some aluminum tube to build a swap-able sled for my Wildman Warrior and I had the wife and my youngest with me. She always busts on my finishing skills (well deserved) saying that she could do a better job. I grab what I need and head to the register when she walks up with one of the new Estes STM 012 kits under her arm. I ask her what she has and she tells me that it is "her" new rocket. I have to admit that it is a pretty cool looking kit. She even mentioned last night getting her L1 Cert at some point. I fear that my wallets last defense has been neutralized. :clap:

Welcome to the club. There are not many of us who have wives in the hobby.

Support her as much as you can! When she retires from the hobby, guess who inherits "her' stuff!:wink:

Right now Sharon and I are neck and neck on Rockets. I think we both have ten or eleven built, but she got the first fiberglass kit from Wildman when she saw the email about the new Jart. If she builds it and the Big Daddy before I get my scratch built clone of the Executioner, she will be ahead! I'm handicapped because I'm not supposed to buy any kits this summer.....
Here she is with her first package from Wildman:
018.jpg

The only thing that keeps me in the race is that I have more time to build.

It's nice to spend time together in the rocket room, but the real fun is at the launches!

Mine comes too, she brings her own rocket fuel. Usually Vodka or Arminiac, which goes very well with cigars... She's built a few estes rockets, plus a nice Jerrauld Centuri Space Shuttle, but is scared to death of the Saturn V waiting on her and a nice little Arreux...

I have my rockets - the wife has her chickens. Happiness all around!:)

She had been a good sport and gone with the kids and I to some of the bigger launches like Red Glare but this is the first time she has shown any interest in actually building and flying something. We will see how she does with this but she is already talking about FG. I think that a Wild Child or Formula 54 may be in her future.

Will you guys be shopping at the vendors tent together?

"Scotty voice": Jim! The credit card! she canna take any more hits like that!

Will you guys be shopping at the vendors tent together?

Funny thing is that she has already started to make friends with vendors well before this. At the last Red Glare she disappeared for a bit, found her way to the AMW trailer, and came back with a Pro54 3G Case, 6G Case, Closure, and two spacers and said "Happy Early Birthday"... We have had a long rough road together (including actually being divorced) but I have to say that she is a keeper.

Latest posts

Back